Programs Supervisor @ Los Angeles Regional Food Bank - Los Angeles, CA
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
The Mission of the Food Bank is to mobilize resources to fight hunger in our community. The Food Bank serves more than 300,000 clients on a monthly basis and, in 2019, distributed 81.2 million pounds of food. Los Angeles Regional Food Bank employees are hired because of their skills, and because of their commitment to our mission. This means that each of us, working together, will do all that we can to fulfill our vision that no one goes hungry in Los Angeles County. Our core values include: Respect, Stewardship & Accountability, Collaboration, Urgency, Service, Integrity and Diversity. Our organization is committed to maintaining a positive and engaging workplace for all employees.
The Programs Supervisor provides support to the Program Manager through general guidance and oversight of the food distribution team. This role will also participate in the development, implementation and adherence of policies and procedures that govern the Healthy Living Program.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Program Coordination: Assess distribution sites to inform decisions when adding or consolidating distribution sites. Work with Operations and Inventory Control teams to determine product count based on average daily participation of sites. Assure all participating agencies are in compliance with Food Bank and contracted distribution requirements including food safety, non-discrimination policies, documentation/records. Perform site visits and reviews for participating agencies. Track and maintain accurate records of all distributions, associated costs and assessments.
Additional Duties: Assist with training of new and current staff members. Perform community outreach to increase program participation. Provide operational support to agencies. Assure all food safety and sanitation standards are maintained in all programs. Assist with special projects and events. Performs other such duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma, College degree preferred; four (4) years’ experience in lead role or increasing responsibility; or combination of education and experience.
- Ability to self-start and self-motivate, efficient style with high standards for quality processes and results.
- Serv-Safe certification.
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work with diverse ethnicities, demonstrate excellent customer service approach in all situations; professional presentation and demeanor.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills, comfortable leading a team using a collaborative approach.
- Computer experience and familiarity with Microsoft products and Google.
- Ability to both carry and lift a minimum of 30 pounds.
- Methodical and analytical quick learner with excellent organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, strong analytical capabilities needed to formulate and prepare reports, good presentation skills including networking and public speaking.
- Self-started who is able to work with minimum supervision.
- Flexible to occasionally work long hours and available for travel.
- Insured vehicle with valid California Driver License, will need to drive throughout LA County on frequent/regular basis.
- Bilingual, English/Spanish highly desirable.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts.
- Employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability.
- 403(b) retirement savings plan.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Vacation: Two weeks for the first three years.
- Sick Time: 9 days per year.
In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, Los Angeles Regional Food Bank is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all of its employees may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties.
As a part of the Food Bank’s pre-employment screening process, all potential employees are subject to a Criminal Background Check. Los Angeles Regional Food Bank is proud to be an “Equal Opportunity Employer.”
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
All staff working in the field are required to wear a face mask. If the employee's work is able to be done from home, we encourage employees to work from home.
- Social Service Program: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- 50% (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly