PROGRAM MANAGER - EMERALD CITIES LOS ANGELES @ Emerald Cities Collaborative - Los Angeles, CA
PROGRAM MANAGER - EMERALD CITIES LOS ANGELES
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
Job Type: Full-time
Please forward resume to: Emerald Cities Collaborative
Attn: Office Manager
1140 Connecticut Ave., Suite 900B
Washington, D.C. 20036
Due Date: August 14, 2020
The Emerald Cities Collaborative (ECC) is a national non-profit organization comprised of labor unions, community organizations, social justice advocates, development intermediaries, research and technical assistance providers, and socially responsible businesses. ECC partners are united around the goal of building high road – sustainable, just and inclusive – regional economies. The Collaborative envisions a future in which American cities are the greenest and most equitable in the world, leading the way to head off global climate change while creating a vital new economic sector with low-income and communities of color as central actors and beneficiaries in this new economy. Visit our website for more information: http://www.emeraldcities.org/
EC-Los Angeles works to ensure that southern California implements equity-focused sustainable development projects by connecting residents and businesses from disadvantaged communities to jobs and contract opportunities in energy efficiency, renewable energy and green infrastructure. Specifically, EC-LA is the workforce education and training implementer for the Southern California Regional Energy Network (SoCalRen), a network of over 100 government agencies. SoCal Ren is organized to provide project development, financing and workforce services to government agencies to help meet California’s energy efficiency goals. The three major programs include: 1) e-Contractor Academy a series of workshops and coaching services for minority, women and disadvantaged contractors in green building skills, 2) ACES – a high school program that provides high school and college credits and industry skills certificates in energy-related fields; and 3) the Green Pathway Career Program, a workforce training program for Transition Age (emancipated foster) youth in energy efficiency careers. ECC is also developing a high school-college career program in clean water infrastructure.
The Program Associate is a mid-level position at Emerald Cities Collaborative with primary responsibility for managing SoCalRen Green Pathway Career (GPC) program in San Gabriel Valley, but will also support other aforementioned REN programs as needed. The candidate will report directly to the EC-LA Program Director but is part of both the larger SoCalRen program team and the ECC family.
The Green Path Career (GPC) Program provides Transition Age Youth (TAY) access to the emerging Energy Efficiency (EE) sector by offering education, training and work experience in the field. This initiative is made possible through collaboration between the SoCalREN, San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments (SGVCOG), Workforce Development, Aging and Community Services (WDACS), and Hathaway-Sycamores Child and Family Services. The program is designed to eliminate the barriers TAY face while navigating the EE sector, providing TAY the opportunity for training in Building Performance Institute (BPI) certifications to emerge successful by providing the resources and support needed to begin their EE career.
The program is designed to address the barriers TAY face when aging out of the Foster Care system and moving into the growing workforce. The program aims to assist TAY youth by eliminating the barriers of the EE workforce sector, this is done by providing certification training, supportive services, and the coaching needed to enter the workforce.
The Green Pathway Career program provides a multi-step approach that assists a participant in entering the Energy Efficiency workforce from the initial recruitment phase to becoming Job/Career Ready.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Build, staff and manage GPC workforce multi-stakeholder partnerships to train and support participants;
· Scheduling, staffing, and maintaining basic documents such as agendas and minutes for GPC meetings and working groups;
· Working with REN contract managers to assure compliance with their requirements
· Staffing partnership meetings
· Assist with monthly and quarterly reporting
· Track and monitor the enrollment, training and placement of participants
· Prepare reports that provide demographic profile of participating youth, number of enrolled participants, employers, and job placements.
· Help develop collateral materials for program initiatives, and update data reports and program website content
· Participate in regular REN and ECC team meetings
Training and Placement
· Assist with marketing and outreach to transitional aged foster youth and identify students interested in participating in the GPC Program;
· Develop training partnerships and work with trainers to ensure program and participant success;
· Develop on-the-job training opportunities with REN partner organizations and contractors;
· Conduct training workshops regarding resume building, interview preparations and job search assistance.
Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
· Bachelor of Arts/Science with 3-5 years’ experience; and master’s degree preferred;
· Associate Degree acceptable with 5-7 years of related professional experience;
· Prior program management experience in the field of workforce development; education and training;
· Experience and passion working with disadvantaged youth;
· Detail oriented with proven administrative/management skills
· Communicate effectively - verbally and in written form
· Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task - organize and track multiple contractor trainings, campus schedules, enrollment procedures, and student achievement.
· Takes initiative and ability to work independently
· Act judiciously under pressure and adhere to established protocols and procedures at all times.
· Use the Microsoft Office software to perform presentations, tracking, desktop publishing, and other professional software
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate with experience.
Emerald Cities Collaborative is an equal opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen based on ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
We are all working remotely from home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Bachelor's (Required)
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19