Medic/Healthcare Specialist @ Us Army Active Duty/Army Reserves - Los Angeles, CA
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
This is a great opportunity for you. If you are looking for a change in your life, then this is a great chance for you to do that. These are tough time, but the Army will get you back on the right track. This is just 1 of the 150+ jobs that we offer.
- You get paid on the 1st and the 15th of each month regardless of what’s happening
- We offer over 150+ jobs
- Full medical and dental coverage
- Training paid for by the Army
- Yearly pay raises
- 30 Days of paid vacation a year
- 3 and 4 day paid weekends once a month
- Housing allowance
- Food allowance
- $4,000 a year to continue schooling
- Opportunities to receive a $40,000 Bonus
- Student Loan Repayment Option of up to $50,000
- Traveling the world
- Opens up opportunities for you to grow and develop
- Call or text me (323)-481-4491 This is a great opportunity. It will provide you with a lot of benefits. Get the information first before you make a decision
- Instagram: FOLLOW @ssg_mietus_armyrecruiter
The combat medic specialist is primarily responsible for providing emergency medical treatment at point of wounding on the battlefield, limited primary care, and health protection and evacuation from a point of injury or illness.
· Administer emergency medical treatment to battlefield casualties
· Assist with outpatient and inpatient care and treatment
· Instruct Soldier's on Combat Lifesaver/First Responder training course
· Manage Soldier's medical readiness, medical supplies and equipment
Those who want to serve must first take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, a series of tests that helps you better understand your strengths and identify which Army jobs are best for you.
- US CITIZEN or PERMANENT RESIDENT HOLDER
- HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE or GED HOLDER
- AGE of 17-34 YEARS OLD
- NO MAJOR LAW VIOLATIONS OR MAJOR MEDICAL HISTORY
- ACASP MOS (IF YOU HAVE 2 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AND YOUR CERTIFICATE OF SCHOOLING) YOU CAN SKIP YOUR JOB TRAINING
Job training for a combat medic specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 16 weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including practice in-patient care.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
· Patient-care techniques
· Emergency medical techniques
· Advanced medical care
· Plaster-casting techniques
· Enjoy helping and caring for others
· Ability to communicate effectively and work under stressful conditions
· Interest in chemistry, biology, psychology, general science and algebra
· High attention to detail
REQUIRED ASVAB SCORE(S)
Skilled Technical (ST): 101, General Technical (GT): 107
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time.
- 30 DAYS PAID VACATION YEARLY
- 3 AND 4 DAY PAID WEEKENDS
- FULL MEDICAL AND DENTAL BENEFITS
- HOUSING AND FOOD ALLOWANCE
- FREE TRAVEL AND EXCITEMENT
- FINANCIAL STABILITY AND EXCITEMENT
EARN CASH FOR IN DEMAND JOBS
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties.
- COULD BE ELIGIBLE UP TO $20,000 BONUS FOR ARMY RESERVES
- COULD BE ELIGIBLE UP TO $40,000 BONUS FOR ACTIVE DUTY
- COULD BE ELIGIBLE FOR UP TO $50,000 IN STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT TOWARDS COLLEGE LOANS
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses.
- $4,000 A YEAR FOR TUITION ASSISTANCE
- MONTGOMERY GI BILL BENEFITS
FUTURE CIVILIAN CAREERS
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with civilian hospitals, clinics, nursing homes or rehabilitation centers. With a combat medic specialist background, you may consider a career as an emergency medical technician, medical assistant, a medication aide or physician’s assistant.
Soldiers in this MOS must also obtain certification from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians at the EMT level or higher.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PAYS) PROGRAM
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization.
· Johns Hopkins Hospital/Health Systems
· NorthCrest Medical Center
· Cleveland Clinic
· Atlantic Health System
· Bell Ambulance, Inc.
· Prince William Health System
· Reliant Medical Group
· Yale-New Haven Hospital
· Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $1,805.00 - $5,421.00 per month
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Critical & Intensive Care
- Emergency Medicine
- Occupational Medicine
- Primary Care
- Trauma Medicine
- Urgent Care
- Wound Care
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Age 17-34 years old?
Us citizen or green card holder?
High School senior, high school graduate, or GED holder?
- Store Discounts
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative