OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News Media, FOX Sports, FOX Entertainment, FOX Television Stations and Tubi Media Group. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Supports the team in an Agile
/Scrum software development
lifecycle for the development of applications running in a fully automated DevOps, Cloud, and MicroServices based environment. Work with our business
partners to identify requirements and architecture and implement scalable, open solutions using Cloud Native technologies, including and leveraging AWS
services, Machine Learning
techniques, Git, Jenkins, Docker containerization and virtualization, and Terraform
. Develop, manage, and prepare the best software development
team. Guide, coach, and mentor software development
engineers. Provide project management
and technical leadership for every aspect of software. Prepare lifecycle for different projects inclusive of research, development, design
, evaluation, testing along with delivery to product management
. Supervise architecture plus lead efforts to develop technical roadmap of all projects. Establish and stimulate software development
standards and processes along with best practices for delivery of scalable and high-quality software. Collaborate closely with Engineers, Developers and Product Management
throughout the organization to influence product
improvement and development. Develop relations with existing and prospective internal customers to interpret all individual requirements. Supervise resource allocation to ensure attainment goals. Manage and execute software development
projects from beginning to finish. Engage effectively with all team members as well as hold regular team meetings.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to interact with senior clients and hold technology discussions with non–technical clients
- Partner with program management to understand priority of deliverables and work with the team to determine, report on, and meet deadlines while being flexible with changing priorities
- Manages teams of 4 - 6 people that develop, test, and fix defects in application software
- Manages work teams in preparing work estimates and project schedules for all technical work for the projects within the team as well as resolving complex problems that typically are not just limited to one system
- Maintains expert-level knowledge of software development best practices, tools, and methodologies that are recognized throughout Information Systems
- Leads the preparation of overall application software designs at the system level
- Focuses on quality and continuous improvement initiatives across business units within the company. Experience with ensuring that all developers are adhering to software quality standards
- Maintains expert knowledge on the systems and tools within the scope of the team's responsibility as well as the business processes supported by the systems
- Establishes and enforces development process and standards and conducts post-mortems when issues arise
- Establishes and ensures documentation, onboarding, training, and mentorship standards are being met
- Handles people-related tasks involving hiring new talent, employee engagement, and career development, including documentation and knowledge transfer
- Security-focused development mindset. Understands OWASP principles.
- A strong proactive problem solver
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Experience with Web application development, including OWF, Servlets, Grails, Play, MVC, JSON, XHTML and HTML5, CSS up to and including, SASS/LESS, Angular, View, or ReactJS. ReactJS Preferred
- Experience developing software with Cloud Native technologies such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud leveraging Containers, Micro Services, or Server-less applications in a production environment
- Experience with algorithm implementation
- Experience with distributed message or stream processing frameworks in a cloud environment
- Test Driven Development (TDD) exposure and understanding
- Experience building fully automated code pipelines
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases is important
- Experience with information retrieval, text indexing, and data structures
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum SDLC environment with multiple team members and multiple teams
- Experience directly managing employees
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Experience working in Digital Media based environments is a plus
Learn more about Fox Tech at
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $118,000.00-158,000.00 annually for California. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.