Senior Front End Software Engineer @ The Wonderful Company LLC - Los Angeles, CA
4 months ago
Senior Front End Software Engineer
The Wonderful Company LLC - Los Angeles, CA
The Wonderful Company LLC
Wonderful is the full-service, award-winning, advertising agency that partners exclusively with a growing portfolio of iconic brands such as FIJI Water, POM Wonderful, Wonderful Pistachios & Almonds, Wonderful Halos, Wonderful Sweet Scarletts, Justin Wines, Landmark Wines, and more.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Front End Software Engineer to work within the Technology team in the Wonderful Agency. The Front End Software Engineer is responsible for translating and implementing feature sets, creative and UI/UX designs for various websites/applications. This position reports to the Sr. Director of Software Engineering.
You are an accomplished engineer with a passion for creating performant, beautiful and modular front end solutions. Your specialty is user interface engineering in React, but you are a creative problem solver with an eye for design. Doing things the "quick and easy" way, isn't your style; your solutions are practical and elegant, and always put the user experience first. You are well-versed in building standards-compliant websites/applications and email templates.
A Day In the Life at Wonderful:
- Work with Backend Team to develop APIs to be used for web applications
- Work with Creative Team to develop a pixel-perfect interface while providing feedback for design and UX best practices
- Work with interdisciplinary teams such as Creative, QA, and Backend to identify functional specifications for web applications, websites, and HTML emails
- Help establish coding best practices and frontend development process
- Perform code reviews and give constructive feedback
- Participate in scoping and planning sessions to refine technical requirements and provide thorough work breakdowns and time/work estimates
- Advocate for accessibility and performance standards
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- When needed, work with third parties to implement features, changes, components, or pages
Your Contribution to Wonderful:
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing web applications
- Robust knowledge of web application performance, accessibility considerations, and SEO best practices
- Experience with NextJS, TypeScript, JSON, REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Experience with Git and CI tools.
- Experience mentoring/coaching engineers and coordinating with developers from other teams or 3rd party vendors.
- Experience leading and delivering critical projects to production with tight timelines.
- Experience projecting project timelines and breaking down features into accurate estimates.
- Experience with GA, GTM and other analytic tracking tools.
- Understanding of caching, security and privacy principles
- Understanding of cross-browser cross-platform compatibility issues as well as the ability to debug
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM or a similar software development life cycle process
- Experience with design/dev handoff tools to build pixel perfect UIs.
- Basic proficiency in Photoshop, Adobe XD, or Sketch
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
Nice to haves:
- Localization experience
- E-commerce experience
- JAMstack architecture
At Wonderful, we believe in the future of technology and digital as a platform for innovation and unexplored potential. We seek people who are digital first, passionate about blending creativity, artistry and science to create the trends and experiences of the future.
Los Angeles, CA
Wonderful's dedication to you:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion company dedicated to harvesting health around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 10,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America's No. 1 tree nut and America's fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America's No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world's leading floral delivery service.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back at its core. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $1 billion invested in environmental sustainability; $65 million in charitable giving, education initiatives, and innovative health and wellness programs each year; and $143 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California's Central Valley.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Please click here to view our Privacy Notice.
Newport Beach, CA
At least 5+ years of professional software development experience and strong technical background in front-end technology. Micro frontend experience a plus.
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Minimum of 3 years’ experience designing and implementing back-end services in a current framework such as Spring, Express, Django, etc.
We are looking for developer to programming, design, and maintenance of our eCommerce platforms. Day-to-day maintenance of the e-commerce websites.
Ready Artwork specializes in designing and marketing websites for private and public brands. We grow clients’ online presence through custom website designs, E…
Santa Ana, CA
Strong front end development experience ideally with single-page applications. Front-end development: 6 years (Required). Provide input on app architecture.
Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Front end MVC frameworks such as React or AngularJS. You should be comfortable being part of a cross-functional team and working with a diverse group of…
This position will involve collaboration with back end developers and some interaction with internal customers.
Foster a culture of collaboration, problem solving, and standards for our front-end community. This is a full time role for a candidate who is….
Los Angeles, CA
Naturally curious and compelled to figure out any design problem thrown at you, you work shoulder to shoulder with Graphic Designers, Leads, Project Manager,…
2+ years of experience in front-end web app development. Using your full range of software development and product thinking skills, you will be responsible for…
San Diego, CA
Deep understanding of front-end architecture. GXP is looking for a senior level front-end developer with a deep understanding of modern web architectures and…
These SMBs look to LegalZoom when taking the next steps on their journey of running a business, such as getting the right business licenses, opening a business…
This position will primarily focus on front-end development with HTML/CSS. Implement best of breed front-end web development technologies; integrate in to…
Evergreen Management Services LLC
UI design with some back end experience. We are an established cannabis company seeking a qualified full time Web Developer with SEO experience.
You are an enthusiastic team player and are comfortable deep-diving into solving complex problems. Reviewing requirements and interface designs.
Santa Barbara, CA
Strong technical and architectural experience working with Single Page application development, responsive web design, and other modern front-end patterns and…
Los Angeles, CA
Lead the development efforts for our user facing product. Architect frontend codebases & push for coding best practices. You'll excel at this role if you:
Groundswell Giving, Inc.
El Segundo, CA
As an early member of the team, this person will be responsible for end-to-end mobile application development and excited to take ownership (building, shipping…
Groundswell Giving, Inc.
El Segundo, CA
Groundswell is a new type of financial service that uses powerful technology for better giving. This role will work closely with the rest of the engineering…
Experience with Node.js and creating back end functionality to support the front-end development. High level of experience with React, and/or similar front-end…
California City, CA
You will build Banking-As-A-Service products for the North American markets, that our customers use to navigate their financial lives.
Costa Mesa, CA