Senior Front End Engineer, B2B Products (Remote) @ Glassdoor - Los Angeles, CA
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We're transforming an entire industry through the power of transparency. Our vision is for a world where radical transparency holds companies accountable to strive to become better employers.
Please note this role is open to remote hiring. Our main office locations are in San Francisco, Chicago, and Uniontown, OH.
Glassdoor's B2B Products team plays a central role in helping companies engage with their employees and access insightful analytics about their employer brand. Our B2B team is building a new, highly innovative product to complement Glassdoor's existing product suite. The team uses technologies like Java 8/11, Spring, React, and Presto in their day-to-day work. This team is part of a rapidly growing B2B product and engineering organization at Glassdoor.
As a Senior Front End Engineer, you'll work closely with your teammates to build new features and services. You'll also have the opportunity to collaborate with Product and Design leaders to help scope and plan efforts.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for crafting high-quality user experiences working closely with skilled product owners, UI/UX designers, and other engineers.
- Self-starter who thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment – which means wearing many hats, being comfortable changing direction quickly, and an eagerness to learn new technologies as needed.
- Experience building web applications for high-volume, production environments.
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching developers, and the thought of pairing on a tricky technical problem excites you.
- You'll work with a small, collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers, making excellent interpersonal and communication skills a must. Most importantly, we look for people who can prioritize, multi-task, and deliver – because it's a lot more fun to get things done.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years building high-quality, secure presentation layers for high visibility websites.
- Proficiency with CSS3, Sass, and Emotion.
- Experience with React and Node in high-volume, production systems.
- Experience with Gulp and Webpack.
- Experience with Node SSR, Redux, Routers, Express.
- Experience working with REST (or experience with GraphQL).
- Consistent track record of delivering products and services in an agile environment.
- Confident, professional, and effective communicator (both verbally and in written form) that can work with all levels and departments in an organization and are able to get your point across in a concise, eloquent, and congenial way.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a technical field (Engineering, Math, etc).
- Experience developing server-side MVC applications, ideally Java/Spring based
- Work with purpose – join us in crafting transparency for job seekers everywhere
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- Generous paid holidays and open paid time off
- Pay transparency: Pay bands and compensation philosophy are shared publicly to ensure that everyone is paid fairly. Our annual Pay Gap Study found no gender or race/ethnicity pay gap at Glassdoor.
- Diversity data transparency: Glassdoor externally publishes diversity information about its employee population to hold ourselves accountable to our commitment to change. We also provide programs and resources to foster a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
- Employee feedback transparency: We publicly publish our employee feedback survey responses to ensure everyone has a complete picture of what it's like to work here.
- Company performance transparency: Glassdoor will provide candidates easy access to the financial performance of the HR Tech strategic business unit of Recruit Holdings, of which Glassdoor is a part.
Operating transparently at Glassdoor is fundamental to us walking the talk as we advocate for transparency everywhere. The ultimate goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our lead!
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.