FHSP Program Supervisor - PBV @ Brilliant Corners - Los Angeles, CA
a month ago
FHSP Program Supervisor - PBV
Brilliant Corners - Los Angeles, CA
LOCATION: Los Angeles
WHO ARE WE?
Founded in 2004, Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to California’s most vulnerable individuals, with an emphasis on those transitioning from, or at risk of, homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own, and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes. We implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veterans’ services, and health care sectors.
In short, we do good work.
We have offices throughout California, currently have almost 400 staff members, and are growing daily. We’re looking for inspired, talented people who want to be part of a team that’s affecting profound change and is having fun doing it.
As Brilliant Corners has been deemed an Essential Service, Housing Coordinators will be expected to travel throughout Los Angeles County, meet in person with Program Participants, Case Managers/Workers from Partner Agencies as well as Property Managers. Brilliant Corners will provide Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all employees providing these essential services.
The Flexible Housing Subsidy Pool (FHSP) is a supportive housing rental subsidy program of the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS), along with other governmental partners, managed-care organizations, and foundations. The goal of the FHSP is to secure quality affordable housing for extremely vulnerable Angelenos. Brilliant Corners, the central coordinating community-based partner for FHSP, works to secure a broad range of housing options, including individual apartments, blocks of units, and entire buildings. Brilliant Corners identifies and secures units Countywide, provides move-in assistance and rental subsidy disbursements, coordinates with case managers, and assists with neighborhood relations.
WHAT IS A PROGRAM SUPERVISOR?
Flexible Housing Subsidy Pool (FHSP) Program Supervisors work closely with the FHSP Program Director, Associate Directors, and Managers to scale the FHSP and meet the ambitious goal of housing thousands of homeless Angelenos. Each Program Supervisor will manage 4-8 Housing Coordinators and one Senior Housing Coordinator who, in turn, help formerly homeless individuals move into housing in Los Angeles County and subsequently provide housing retention services after move in. Brilliant Corners has program participants living in scattered-site settings, project-based settings, and residential facility settings that can have either FHSP locally funded subsidies or a federal voucher to subsidize their rent. Program Supervisor applicants may support programs with participants in any of the settings or subsidy types listed above. Program Supervisors support the onboarding of new staff, ensure consistent implementation of program policies and procedures, and cultivate the talent of their team to provide professional, timely support to our clients and partners. Program Supervisors communicate regularly with Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS) staff and other funders, as well as Intensive Case Management Services (ICMS) providers to ensure that tenant care is well-coordinated and adherent to Housing First principles. The Program Supervisor will help their team work creatively to prevent eviction and other housing-related issues. The Program Supervisor reports to one of the FHSP Program Managers. Program Supervisors that support programs with federal voucher holders will learn about the public housing agency (PHA) system as well as Brilliant Corners’ policies and procedures to help their team serve as subject matter experts to a variety of stakeholders.
- Hires, trains, and mentors direct reports in consultation with the Program Manager and Human Resources.
- Represents the program and organization to external partners and the community.
- Holds staff meetings to discuss program issues, provides global insight, and motivates.
- Coordinates training for new staff.
- Coordinates with heads of departments to assess and identify areas of concern, or of needed improvement
- Tenant Services
- Provides advisement/direction on all tenant issues using a client-centered approach.
- Liaison with Intensive Case Management Services (ICMS).
- Ensure the department has a high standard of tenant services quality standards.
- Ensure every tenant has a great experience throughout the life of their tenancy, beginning at move-in.
- Foster positive relations between landlords and tenants to promote tenant retention, and makes routine home visits.
- Facilitates data collection, file audits, and periodic reports.
- Assist program participants, case managers, and property providers in navigating the public housing agency (PHA) system, if applicable.
- Monitors compliance with government and other funder rules and regulations.
- Provides complete and accurate documentation of all regulatory requirements.
- Stays abreast and comply with all state tenant/landlord laws.
- Other Duties
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager or directors.
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR?
You’re a people person. You invest in relationships and love to cultivate the talents of the people around you. You are the cheerleader for your team. You enjoy providing great customer service.
Your middle name is problem-solver. You exhibit good judgment and demonstrate great problem-solving ability with a commitment to innovative solutions.
You’re obsessed with organization. You’re known as someone who gets things done quickly and calmly. You can handle many responsibilities at once and you instinctively discern between what’s important and what’s urgent. Things don’t fall through the cracks.
You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re resourceful and at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can-do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions that turn challenges into opportunities. You can handle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritization.
Must have received or be willing to receive the Covid-19 vaccination by the date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination is required
- Two (2) Years of Supervisory Experience.
- Willing to travel and make multiple visits to the field.
- At least one year of proven experience working with homeless or other extremely vulnerable individuals in a housing or similar program.
- Experience working in a crisis setting a plus and ability to respond appropriately in an emergency.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Knowledge of supportive housing
- Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws and reasonable accommodations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong staff supervision skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Possession of a valid California driver's license, a clean driving record, and automobile insurance
- Access to adequate transportation
- Basic computer knowledge, MS Word and Excel required; PowerPoint preferred
- Flexibility required regarding scheduling and prioritizing of tasks
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills in decision-making situations, good organizational and record-keeping skills, and good independent judgment
- Ability to work independently
Brilliant Corners does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Brilliant Corners is committed to fair hiring practices and does not ask applicants to disclose conviction history before extending a conditional job offer.Disclaimer: Brilliant Corners does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Brilliant Corners about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at Brilliant Corners via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Brilliant Corners; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by Brilliant Corners as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
WHAT ARE YOUR BENEFITS?
Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary and AD&D)
Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
Short Term & Long Term Disability)
Training & Development
Los Angeles, CA
Ability to clearly articulate program goals and develop tools and metrics for staff to achieve those goals; strong project management skills.
Los Angeles, CA
Market and network FHSP program incentives to prospective landlords, property managers, and associations. Design, implement and produce reports and workflow…
Los Angeles, CA
We develop, own and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes, and implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one…
Los Angeles, CA
Ability to clearly articulate program goals and develop tools and metrics for staff to achieve those goals. We develop, own and manage multi-family supportive…
Los Angeles, CA
Provide aftercare case management services for 3 months after program completion. The Breaking Barriers Case Manager will provide intensive case management…
Los Angeles, CA
One (1) year highly responsible and complex administrative experience working in (A) a program that provides housing and support services to clients who are…
Los Angeles, CA
Ability to clearly articulate program goals and develop tools and metrics for staff to achieve those goals; strong project management skills and excel skills.