Senior Engine/Systems Software Engineer - C++ (Star Wars FPS ) @ Electronic Arts - Los Angeles, CA
2 months ago
Senior Engine/Systems Software Engineer - C++ (Star Wars FPS )
Electronic Arts - Los Angeles, CA
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
In collaboration with Lucasfilm, the Star Wars FPS Team is developing a new AAA FPS in the Star Wars galaxy. Inspired by classic titles like Dark Forces and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2, our story-driven single player game is being developed from the ground up leveraging the power of Unreal Engine 5. We’re combining this inspiration and technology with Respawn’s pedigree for making best-in-class shooters to deliver a brand new experience our players will love.
We are looking for a Senior Tools & Systems Engineer to join our Star Wars FPS team. You'll report to the Lead Tools & System Engineer to help build out our tooling, automation, and pipelines.
- Support development by building out tooling, automation, and optimizations
- Facilitate multi-platform development (desktop, console)
- Integrate and expand upon diverse technologies (plugins, libraries, shared services)
- Mentor other engineers on the team
- 5+ years of experience with C++
- 2+ years of experience developing core systems or development tools
- Experience developing for one or more Game Engines
- Experience working with consoles
- Strong communication skills
- Experience extending and developing for the Unreal Engine
- Experience with any of the following: Ruby on Rails, C#, or Python
- Development experience on Linux environments
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Shipped 1+ AAA title
If all this excites you, then we want to talk to you! We are an equal opportunity team. This role is open to long-term remote applicants within ~3 hours of PST.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed it.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $143,150 - $221,750
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $130,600 - $221,750
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $130,600 - $221,750
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $130,600 - $181,850
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $130,600 - $210,000
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Electronic Arts is the leading interactive entertainment company, powered by innovative technology. We create incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need creative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.