Distribution Coordinator @ Los Angeles Regional Food Bank - Los Angeles, CA
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
The Mission of the Food Bank is to mobilize resources to fight hunger in our community. The Food Bank serves more than 300,000 clients on a monthly basis and, in 2019, distributed 81.2 million pounds of food. Los Angeles Regional Food Bank employees are hired because of their skills, and because of their commitment to our mission. This means that each of us, working together, will do all that we can to fulfill our vision that no one goes hungry in Los Angeles County. Our core values include: Respect, Stewardship & Accountability, Collaboration, Urgency, Service, Integrity and Diversity. Our organization is committed to maintaining a positive and engaging workplace for all employees.
The Distribution Coordinator is primarily responsible for supporting and coordinating the Cal-Fresh Healthy Living produce delivery program initiatives. This role will be working collaboratively with the Food Bank’s management team, Programs team, and external agency contacts to implement new initiatives, monitor program performance, and conduct community outreach. The Distribution Coordinator plays a key role in the success of food distributions and program coordination.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Program Coordination: Communicate with program partners and internal team (Operations, Logistics, Volunteer Department, etc.) regarding orders, delivery/pick-up and distribution. Participate in the development, testing and implementation of new program and distribution methods to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Oversee data reporting and submission, including organizing data for reports and participating in monthly check-in calls with DPH.
Community Outreach: Identify, assess and pursue new partnership opportunities, through various outreach efforts. Organize and oversee or serve as representative of the Food Bank at partner and community/committee/council meetings, outreach events. Track program progress of new and existing program partners. Coordinate, support and monitor new and existing program partners.
- College degree in Business Administration, Communication Studies, Public Relations or similar preferred; four (4) years related experience; or combination of education and experience
- Demonstrates professionalism and cultural sensitivity in coordinating activities and communicating with all customers, peers, and the community at large.
- Conducts self in a professional, respectful and courteous manner during all interactions. Works effectively and collaboratively with others toward common goals. Presents a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Communicates accurately, honestly, supportively and in a timely manner with department and interdepartmental team members. Demonstrates strong planning, organizing, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter who is able to work with minimum supervision. Works effectively under pressure to meet established goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates problem-solving and organizational abilities. Participates in operational aspects of the department, and maintains/participates in performance improvement activities within the department.
- Displays professional and personal integrity.
- Computer experience and proficiency with Microsoft products
- Ability to both carry and lift 30 to 40 pounds
- Valid California Driver’s License and driving record acceptable to insurance carrier, will need to drive throughout LA County on frequent/regular basis.
- Detail-oriented, strong analytical capabilities needed to formulate and prepare reports, strong presentation skills including networking and public speaking
- Flexible to occasionally work evening hours and available for travel
- Bilingual, Spanish/English highly desirable
We offer a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts.
- Employer paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability.
- 403(b) retirement savings plan.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Vacation: Two weeks for the first three years.
- Sick Time: 9 days per year.
In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, Los Angeles Regional Food Bank is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all of its employees may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties.
As a part of the Food Bank’s pre-employment screening process, all potential employees are subject to a Criminal Background Check. Los Angeles Regional Food Bank is proud to be an “Equal Opportunity Employer.”
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $21.00 per hour
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
All staff working in the field are required to wear a face mask. If the employee's work is able to be done from home, we encourage employees to work from home.
- Social Service Program: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- 50% (Required)