Director, Software Quality Assurance @ Eaton - Los Angeles, CA
2 months ago
Director, Software Quality Assurance
Eaton - Los Angeles, CA
Eaton Corporation’s Digital Office is currently seeking a Director, Software Quality Assurance to join our team. This position is a hybrid work model and can be based out of any Eaton US facility.
Eaton is seeking a Software Quality Assurance leader who will have the unique opportunity to lead a team responsible for test method development, automation, verification and validation in a scaling business. Reporting directly to the Vice President, Research and Development, Intelligent Power Management Solutions, this leader will be responsible for defining and driving the future of Eaton’s Intelligent Power Management Solutions by identifying and helping set strategy, envisioning complex ecosystems, and inspiring teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. This leader will possess a clear vision of the future of test methodologies and have the courage to pursue innovative design-thinking to enhance Eaton products.
Essential functions include:
- Drive consistency and standardization for process assurance across the product development lifecycle (requirements management, development, functional and system test, release management etc.)
- Design, develop and drive test automation processes, tools, and implementation across the SW R&D segment within the Digital Office
- Establish practices for “system testing and validation” for the digital solutions across SW R&D devices (industrial and electrical equipment, cloud and edge data analytics platform, software applications)
- Oversee Eaton product verification activities as well as test method development activities, automation frameworks, measurement system development & analyses
- Responsible for ensuring translated product requirements are testable and measurable
- Interacts with key business partners to recommend solutions that best meet the strategic needs of the business
- Recommend and implement software testing & automation technological developments and improvements
- Leverage global resources by building high performance teams across functions, geographies, time zones, and cultures
- Build highly skilled validation teams focused on key technology growth areas such as software engineering, embedded systems, wireless communications, cybersecurity, data analytics and user interfaces
- Promote a culture of technology and intellectual property leadership
- Develop procedures and common metrics to ensure that efficiency, collaboration, and quality standards are achieved
- Manage project planning, including allocation of resources, assignment and coordination
- Work with cross functional teams to plan and execute large scale projects
- Learn new applications and tools in support of testing efforts and teaches/enables team members to use new applications for testing to deploy across Eaton
- Perform functional, integration, and system level testing to simulate customer use of Eaton products which includes installation, test setup, test execution, and reporting and tracking defects
- Help maintain systems for defect tracking and a custom software repository
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum ten (10) years of technical experience
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience managing direct reports
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience with Agile development processes for enterprise software solutions
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience with leading the design and set-up of test automation frameworks, processes, and tools
- Proven experience building and leading software testing centers of excellence and/or enterprise-wide processes
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Proficiency with statistical techniques including familiarity with Reliability, analysis of variance (ANOVA) and design of experiment (JOE) methodologies highly desired
- Seven (7) years’ experience leading a diverse, software R&D quality engineering team
- Experience with software test design best practices, including design for reliability
- Experience with and understanding of Software QA methodologies (requirements analysis, test planning, functional testing, usability testing, performance testing, etc.)
- Experience utilizing best practices in software engineering, software test automation and testing
- Provides support in product design verification and validation to satisfy product and customer requirement
- Expert level knowledge and experience in software design and best practices in developing customer-orientated platforms, preferably in SaaS applications
- Broad and deep understanding of disciplined product development processes, regulatory, and quality requirements including design control, including the understanding of phase gate process
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong organizational leadership skills
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and make decisions quickly to meet the demands of a fast-growing business
- Capability to support processes and digital platforms to be driven across a diversified group of business segments
- Knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-worker
- Strong work ethic, hands-on, detail oriented with a customer service mentality
- Team player, self-driven, motivated and able to work under pressure
- Results-oriented and demonstrated record of developing initiatives that impact productivity
- Proactive and solutions-oriented with experience working in ambiguity
Eaton provides a competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and external market practices. The annual salary range for this role is $166,000-228,250. Eligible for a performance-based incentive bonus with a target at 24% of base.
At Eaton, we know that good benefit plans are important to employees and their families. In addition to a competitive base salary, Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits at a Glance.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes – Hybrid
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital
Los Angeles, CA
The Director of Health IT (HIT) Security Operations is a critical resource at MLK Community Healthcare (MLKCH) because the role ensures the organization’s…
Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc.
Fluency in requirements management and agile software lifecycle management tools. The candidate must have broad engineering competence and in-depth technical…
KBKG is seeking an experienced Corporate Marketing Director to work in close partnership with the Digital and Field Marketing teams.
Orange County's Credit Union
Santa Ana, CA
Lead software engineering, system integration, solution delivery and quality assurance function at the Credit Union.
Culver City, CA
From our CEO to the front-line staff, Servicon embodies our vision of creating healthy environments for people to thrive. Determines and measures KPI’s of team.
Santa Monica, CA
Ensure accountability of all IT services both hardware and software. Ensure best practices and standard operating procedures are maintained, particularly with…
Los Angeles, CA
The Program Director will collaborate closely with the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Assistant Chief Information Officer (ACIO), Strategy, Planning…
Helen of Troy
We are looking for a Director of Program Management Office (PMO) in our Digital Technology group to manage and help support both short-term and long-term…
Culver City, CA
We are a technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. You bring an understanding of translating needs and strategy into…
Los Angeles, CA
Reports To: *CEO/Head Of Product. Leads Team: *4+ (Mix of UX, UI, Graphic, and Game Designers). You have successfully led design teams in early stage startup(s)…
Santa Barbara, CA
Experience with the development of embedded software and flight software. Experience with Agile software development practices.
Los Robles Regional Medical Center
Thousand Oaks, CA
Los Robles Regional Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
Goldco Direct, LLC
Candidates who wish to be considered *MUST* have a substantial background in sales & marketing platforms/technologies, as well as *strong & recent experience…
Tempo Communications Inc
Knowledge and working experience developing Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11) software solutions. Experience in all aspects of product development including electrical,…
The Wonderful Company
Los Angeles, CA
Partner with IT board members in new software evaluation and recommendation. This position will directly report into IT exec management and will partner with…
Los Angeles, CA
Northbeam steps in to provide our clients with the solution for their data needs, and it pays off. Manage the members of the data engineering team, providing 1…
Rolling Hills Estates, CA
Interface with internal teams specializing in business development, patient matching, pathology, informatics, data structuring, software engineering, and others…
West Hollywood, CA
In this role, you will work with the digital and marketing teams, driving strategy for merchandising and marketing for Hourglass' direct-to-consumer (DTC)…
The Marketing Director shall be responsible for overseeing and implementing a strategic plan to advertise, promote and market various venus, events and services…
Direct experience in software engineering. Knowledge of software development processes and/or strong project management skills.
San Dimas, CA
In this role, you will be responsible for planning, performing and implementing process improvement initiatives for our business.
The role of the Director of Drug Development Informatics is to evolve and grow the Ionis technology platforms through strategy, process improvement, feature…
PRICE WATERHOUSE COOPERS
Los Angeles, CA
We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients…
San Dimas, CA
Aptitude with data science software (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau) is a plus. In this role, you will build and define pricing strategies for new and existing solutions…