Senior Backend Engineer @ YepChat - Los Angeles, CA
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
YepChat powers customer communications for some of the most respected restaurants in the World including: Sweetgreen, Tender Greens, Lemonade, Modern Market and more. YepChat improves customer service, increases efficiency, and drives digital orders. YepChat was founded by two MIT classmates and is based in Venice Beach.
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to help us accomplish our mission of disrupting the customer communication space. You'll work closely with the CTO and other engineers to scope, build, and deploy new features and improvements.
The ideal candidate enjoys building APIs and microservices. They are also proficient in a number of computer languages and have a strong background in data management and security.
- Backend - Good grasp of algorithms, design patterns, and data structures. Experience with Python, NodeJS, and/or Java
- API - Ability to integrate with third-party APIs and libraries. Experience designing, implementing, and deploying new APIs
- Database - Experience working with Relational & NoSQL databases as well as in-memory caches (Redis/Memcached)
- DevOps: Advanced knowledge of CI/CD tech and practical experience with logging, monitoring and alerting workflows. Comfortable with CLI tools
- Broad experience with AWS products and services. EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, RDS, etc
- Contributed to a product/service across the entire development lifecycle: from concept to launch
Nice to have:
- Front End - Experience with modern frontend web stacks including HTML, JS frameworks (Angular/React/VueJS), CSS, REST
- Passion for data. Budding data geeks apply here!
- Get in early! Salary plus a generous equity package for a chance to have a big win.
- We are a small, agile team. This means you'll get a lot of responsibility, have a huge impact and get a chance to grow quickly.
- Wear many hats! Everyone does a bit of everything here.
Job Type: Full-time
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
We love our office in Venice Beach just a block from the ocean but we're not taking any changes with COVID so this is a remote role for the foreseeable future. The health and safety of our employees is #1.
- Fully Remote