Backend Developer (Python) @ SURE - Los Angeles, CA
Post a job for free in Los Angeles, CA
You’ll work closely with our front end engineers and our product team, with a direct impact in the products you’ll be building. As a small distributed team, we rely heavily on effective communication and autonomy in order to build, iterate, and ship rapidly.
Our philosophy is that you would be teaching us as much as you'd learn from us. By learning and inspiring others, you'll help cultivate an environment that makes us better at what we do each day.
What you'll be doing:
- Contribute to all aspects of the software process: including architecture, specification reviews, automated testing, implementation, code reviews, debugging, and documentation.
- Design, build, test, and maintain scalable APIs, services, and systems within the platform
- Build a smart way to offer new products and services while taking into consideration industry regulations.
- Help with building and maintaining our back-end, CI, and cloud infrastructure.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Very strong understanding of at least one of the following programming languages: Python, Ruby, Go, or Node
- Experience building and maintaining public-facing RESTful APIs that are designed to be use at scale
- Experience writing maintainable and well-tested, server-side applications
- Self-directed and self-motivated individuals comfortable working with diverse teams
- Excellent English communication skills, verbal and written
Sure is the fastest-growing insurtech company in the industry. Founded in 2014, we focused our early years fulfilling the episodic insurance needs of consumers making it possible to digitally insure the things most important to them in that moment.
Today, we continue on our mission to make digital insurance available to every consumer not only by offering insurance, but also powering the digital platforms behind the most sophisticated insurance brands and carriers.
Backed by a team of insurance experts, Sure’s proprietary platform provides best-in-class technology for rating, quote and binding, policy issuance, premium collection, CRM policy administration, reporting, and more. Our products make insurance accessible to every individual and strengthen the relationship between providers and consumers by streamlining the way insurance is sold and serviced.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information, visit https://www.sureapp.com/. Follow @SureHQ on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $120,000.00 - $160,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
To keep our employees safe, we are working 100% remotely until safety and health guidelines suggest otherwise.
- relevant: 2 years (Required)
- Los Angeles, CA (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19