UI/UX Engineer @ The HydraFacial Company - Long Beach, CA
Post a job for free in Long Beach, CA
Want to work for a fun, fast-paced company that is rapidly growing both domestically and internationally? You will be responsible for developing high performance, intuitive, responsive user interfaces for Hydrafacial web applications. You will work with our talented sales and development teams to improve the usability of current applications and develop new and innovative methods of communication with our customers.
HERE'S WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB:
- Work in the office or remotely, or both (but not at the same time)
- Collaborate with cross-functional development team to bring static designs and prototypes to life, providing constructive feedback to optimize implementation and usability
- Support our shift from jQuery to Vue.js
- Experiment with new ways of visualizing large amounts of time-series data
- Enhance and fix UI/UX issues with the Circonus UI and other open source UI components as required
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices
- Implement, maintain and support software integrations with Circonus
- Provide solutions to technical problems of varying scope and complexity
- Collaborate with management in determining priorities and risks associated with projects
- Ensure all relevant processes, procedures and product documentation is up to date
- Perform other duties as assigned
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- 5+ years experience architecting, designing, and developing user-interfaces in a commercial software environment
- Experience re-architecting and/or re-implementing UIs for a legacy enterprise web application
- Significant experience designing, implementing, and modifying responsive web applications with ReactJS
- Experience using and/or building component libraries with ReactJS, Vue.js, BootstrapUI
- Comfortable quickly developing prototype and/or throwaway code to prove out new/cutting edge integrations or features
- Comfortable working with git and GitHub for version control, including opening/reviewing pull requests, branches, etc.
- Ability to take on and complete tasks in unfamiliar IT environments
- Significant experience planning, prioritizing, and organizing
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Comfortable working in fast paced environments with a goal-oriented mentality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience working within a SaaS environment
- Experience with Sass/Scss and Bootstrap
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Knowledge and experience with component-based design, style guides, style tiles
- Experience working with project management software such as JIRA
- Experience with wireframe tools such as Sketch, or Adobe XD
What else can you expect with The HydraFacial Company?
PERKS! We proudly offer full health benefits at a low cost to you. That’s medical, dental, vision, FSAs, HSAs, Accident Insurance and even Pet Insurance for your furry family, to name a few. We also provide Basic Life/AD&D and Long-Term Disability coverage at no cost to you! Top these benefits off with a 401(K) plan with an Employer Match because your retirement is just as important to us. Best part about it, you will be fully vested immediately!
Every person here is a key player in our success. We are firm believers in making the little things count each day, so that the big things will follow. If this sounds like you, come check us out! This is the perfect opportunity to work with some of the best leaders in the industry while you gain the global and strategic experience to add to your professional toolbox.
We mean it when we say you’ll LOVE this role.