Combat Medic/Healthcare Specialist @ U.S. Army - Long Beach, CA
Post a job for free in Long Beach, CA
CAREERS AND JOBSBENEFITS
GET IN TOUCH.
Ready to take the next step? Reach out and we'll help you get there.
- HOW TO JOIN
GET IN TOUCHABOUT THE ARMYCAREERS & JOBSBENEFITSLIFESTYLESPARENTS & FAMILYBENEFITS
CAREERS & JOBS
SEARCH CAREERS & JOBS
MEDICAL & EMERGENCY
COMBAT MEDIC SPECIALIST
Combat Medic Specialist (68W)
- active duty
- national guard
- army reserve
- entry level
The combat medic specialist is primarily responsible for providing emergency medical treatment at point of wounding on the battlefield, limited primary care, and health protection and evacuation from a point of injury or illness.
- Administer emergency medical treatment to battlefield casualties
- Assist with outpatient and inpatient care and treatment
- Instruct Soldier's on Combat Lifesaver/First Responder training course
- Manage Soldier's medical readiness, medical supplies and equipment
Job training for a combat medic specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 16 weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including practice in-patient care.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Patient-care techniques
- Emergency medical techniques
- Advanced medical care
- Plaster-casting techniques
- Enjoy helping and caring for others
- Ability to communicate effectively and work under stressful conditions
- Interest in chemistry, biology, psychology, general science and algebra
- High attention to detail
Required ASVAB Score(s)Skilled Technical (ST): 101, General Technical (GT): 107
Learn more about the ASVAB and see what jobs you could qualify for.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time. Learn more about total compensation.
Earn Cash For In Demand Jobs
You could earn up to $40,000 in cash bonuses just for enlisting under certain Military Occupational Specialties. Visit Jobs in Demand to see if this job qualifies for an enlistment bonus.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses. Learn more about education benefits.
Future Civilian Careers
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with civilian hospitals, clinics, nursing homes or rehabilitation centers. With a combat medic specialist background, you may consider a career as an emergency medical technician, medical assistant, a medication aide or physician’s assistant.
Soldiers in this MOS must also obtain certification from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians at the EMT level or higher.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization. Find out more about the Army PaYS Program at http://www.armypays.com.
- Johns Hopkins Hospital/Health Systems
- NorthCrest Medical Center
- Cleveland Clinic
- Atlantic Health System
- Bell Ambulance, Inc.
- Prince William Health System
- Reliant Medical Group
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $7.00 - $25.00 per hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Long Beach, CA (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- 100% (Required)