Unit Secretary @ WellStar Health System - LaGrange, GA
WellStar Health System
13 days ago
Post a job for free in LaGrange, GA
At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
Wellstar West Georgia Hospital - We are seeking a Unit Secretary to join our Team!
The Unit Secretary functions under the direction of the Nurse Manager and Assistant Nurse Manager to facilitate the provision of safe, age appropriate and culturally aware patient care by performing clerical and receptionist functions including computer order entry, retrieval of data, maintaining unit supplies, transporting supplies/equipment/patient medications, preparing and maintaining patient charts, providing customer service and acting as the central communication source on the nursing unit.
This is a Full Time Evening shift position!
Required Minimum Education
- High school diploma or equivalent from accredited program required
Required Minimum Experience
- Six (6) months clinical experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to enter information into an electronic medical record.
- Basic medical terminology required.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language;
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to collaborate with other health care providers in the provision of patient care;
- Ability to multi-task essential;
- Ability to function in stressful and emergency situations essential;
Strong detail orientation required;
Computer skills required;
- Personal time management skills
Join us for outstanding benefits and development opportunities. We also offer state-of-the-art technology, professional support and advancement, and colleagues that rank amongst the best in the country.
Step up to your potential. Find out more and apply today!