Cook @ Good Samaritan Medical Center - Lafayette, CO
Good Samaritan Medical Center
13 days ago
Post a job for free in Lafayette, CO
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Cook.
You are eager to join a skilled team making more than just “hospital food”.
You want to work in an environment where you can positively impact others’ lives.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Good Samaritan Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. At our 234-bed Level II Trauma Center, our mission is to bring health and hope to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. We’re especially proud of our people, who helped make us one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals according to Healthgrades.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll honor each other’s dignity and surpass the standards we set. We’ll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes. We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Cook, you need to know how to:
- Review menus daily to determine quantities of food and supplies needed.
- Prepare food for cafeteria, patient food service and catering using creativity, quality, consistency, and promptness.
- Follow and comply with recipe standards.
- Monitor and replenish food as needed for cafeteria, catering, or patient trays.
- Ensure food is being handled and stored to Hazardous Analysis of Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines.
- Operate various types of kitchen equipment and maintain cleanliness. Record temperatures of refrigerators. Ensure equipment is in good working condition.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred
- At least one (1) year of food service experience in a healthcare facility, such as healthcare food service, preferred
- At least six (6) months of experience in food preparation, preferably in a healthcare setting, preferred
- Hazardous Analysis of Critical Control Point (HACCP) training to be obtained after hire
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Cook on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.