Physical Therapy Test Scheduler @ The CORE Institute - Jacksonville, FL
Post a job for free in Jacksonville, FL
Established in 2001, Southeast Orthopedic Specialists is a regional leader in orthopedic medicine. We are dedicated to growing with our patients. Our reach will continue to expand to meet the needs of all patients, present and future. It is our wish to make industry-leading five-star orthopedic care accessible to as many people as possible.
Healthcare Outcomes Performance Company is a vertically integrated musculoskeletal outcomes management company. HOPCo is the managing partner Florida-based Southeast Orthopedic Specialists.
As Southeast Orthopedic Specialists continues to grow, we are looking for a Test Scheduler in our Southside Clinic.
Please see below for the functions and requirements to be a Test Scheduler with Southeast Orthopedic Specialists.
- Schedules tests for the patient within practice management program or at outside facilities based on insurance, patient preference, physician preference, and or location. GE
- Gathers pertinent information from insurance carriers, physician, and patient chart to make certain of appropriate matching to contracted service providers.
- Call patients to schedule test with-in required time as designated by policies and procedures.
- Provides ongoing follow up until successful execution of referral.
- Responds to patient questions and complaints as required resolving problems and maintaining high patient satisfaction levels.
- Communicates clinical instructions needed for appointments/procedures.
- Input required data to GE practice management to include administrative comments and coded notes.
- Accurately updates patient information in the practice management system and EMR as well as any changes or additions to schedule. Performs all required documentation of work completed.
- Effectively understands and proactively manages and schedules SOS Providers with SOS front office personnel.
- Schedule appointment in timeframe that allows for appropriate follow up and execution of authorization as designated by policies and procedures.
- The job holder must demonstrate current competencies for job position.
- 0-2 years of test scheduling experience or related experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians, patients, and the public and be capable of establishing good working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Able to complete and manage per department metrics.
- Ensure 100% of required certifications and authorizations have been obtained.
- Knowledge of insurance plans.
- Knowledge of computer systems.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation to type patient information.
- Skill in customer service and an understanding of the code of conduct and culture.
- Skill in communicating effectively with physicians, clinical staff, hospital staff and the public.
- Skill in establishing good working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate with upset and frustrated patients.
- Ability to obtain patient history and medical history.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and to prioritize tasks. Ability to meet time sensitive goals.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Normal office environment.
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment.
- Some bending and stretching required.
- Manual dexterity using a computer keyboard, phone and scanner.
- HOPCo Mission, Vision and Values must be read and signed.