Software Development Engineer @ Amazon.com Services LLC - Irvine, CA
Post a job for free in Irvine, CA
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of overall software development experience, with an emphasis on native applications
- Experience as a member of a UI design team participating in the complete product development life-cycle of successfully launched applications
- Experience building modern native client UIs on iOS and Android.
You will be working with a unique and gifted team developing new, exciting and cutting-edge products for consumers. The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers, scientists, and business people engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver these new products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, technical invention, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership and meticulousness. You should also be comfortable collaborating regularly with colleagues across many of Amazon’s current businesses, including devices, retail, and AWS.
This is an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative startup-like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial, comfortable operating with ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts. You are a true owner - you are passionate about the potential customer and societal impact and will operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product.
We are building backend services, frontend UIs, apps, skills, scalable algorithms, and prototypes. You don’t need to be an expert in all of these, but the right candidate is excited and willing to learn to take on these challenges.
- Practical experience taking a leading role in the development of highly-scalable web services for mission critical applications
- Proven leadership abilities in driving operational excellence and software engineering best practices
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation