Quality Assurance Engineer II @ Amazon.com Services LLC - Irvine, CA
Post a job for free in Irvine, CA
- Experience in manual testing
- 4+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience in automation testing
We are seeking a senior quality assurance engineer to be part of a unique and gifted team developing new, exciting and cutting-edge products for consumers. The team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers, scientists, and business people engaged in a fast-paced mission to deliver these new products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, technical invention, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership and meticulousness. You should also be comfortable collaborating regularly with colleagues across many of Amazon’s current businesses, including devices, retail, and AWS.
This is an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative startup-like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial, comfortable operating with ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts. You are a true owner - you are passionate about the potential customer and societal impact and will operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product.
We are building backend services, frontend UIs, apps, and prototypes. You don’t need to be an expert in all of these, but the right candidate is excited and willing to learn to take on these testing challenges.
Quality Engineers at Amazon do so much more than just software testing/validations:
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver on-time, high-quality software
- Responsible for the quality of development and maintenance of key system features
- Designs scalable testing frameworks that solve key business problems and contribute to scaling the business
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including agile development, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Leadership of large-sized technical projects with minimal supervision
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to communicate problem impacts and to understand business requirements.
- Strong organizational skills, tracking multiple test executions simultaneously and are able to synthesize the results.
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
- Experience in a senior IC or lead role in Quality Assurance or Quality Engineering or Software Testing.
- Experience in Java and Python scripting and user-level test automation.
- Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines.