Senior Platform Engineer @ Capital Group - Irvine, CA
Senior Platform Engineer
Post a job for free in Irvine, CA
Req ID: 34744
Experience Level: Professional
Other Location(s): Irvine (CA)
Come grow with us
At Capital Group, how we work is defined by shared values that include absolute integrity, respect and collaboration. But it’s more than that. It’s smart and highly driven people united in purpose to serve our investors and one another.
Bring your energy and unique perspective to Capital and you’ll have the opportunity to grow with us professionally, personally, and financially. You’ll be part of a team that genuinely cares about helping you succeed. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues, many of whom build long careers while progressing through multiple roles, establishing lifelong friendships and making a difference in our communities. In return for your contributions, you’ll receive premier compensation and benefits, and a company-funded retirement plan that ranks among the most generous.
As a Technology Engineer with Application/Integration Platforms, you will be playing a leadership role with limited supervision, in ensuring the stability, integrity, and smooth operation of all Applications and Integrations Platforms that support CG’s business functions. Responsible for performing or leading in all phases of the product engineering and operational lifecycle. This includes research/strategize, requirements/planning, building/testing and Run/Support. Provides expert level assistance in operational functions by applying proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve complex issues in order to minimize outage to critical business functions and maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Participates in the strategy research and planning efforts within the domain.
- Is a primary team member and may lead solution initiatives utilizing all aspects of the solution lifecycle
- Recommends and re-engineers solutions to address complex incidents/ issues. Analyzes incident trends and recommends courses of action for incidents on all solutions within the domain.
- Leads continuous improvement and operations excellence efforts within the domain
- Leads advanced troubleshooting and root-cause analysis of events of advanced complexity related to automation solutions
- Mentors and coaches’ junior engineers.
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
- May be required to work outside regular business hours and participate in an on-call support rotation
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience with coding and the software development lifecycle process
- Strong experience with Kafka, RabbitMQ, Apache Tomcat, Tibco EMS(or JMS) a must have
- Strong experience with Full Stack Development. (Angular / Java Development with Sprint boot framework) a must have
- Experience with Python or similar scripting language
- Prior experience with Git, Jenkins or similar Continuous Integration / Deployment tools
- Prior experience with enabling “Observability” using tools for Distributed tracing, Event logging, APM Synthetic monitoring.
- Prior experience with web services and messaging protocols.
- Prior experience with Infrastructure as Code with Ansible and Terraform
- Prior experience with OpenShift / Kubernetes a plus
- Prior experience with public cloud providers (Azure, AWS, etc.) a plus
- Prior experience working in an Agile development environment. Knowledge of SAFe Terminologies
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world’s largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.