Network Engineer II @ Pacific Premier Bank - Irvine, CA
Post a job for free in Irvine, CA
The Network Engineer performs a variety of technical and non-technical functions. This position has direct contact with a variety of company employees. Normally receives moderate instructions on routine work, general instructions on new projects or assignments. Makes recommendations in the design of network solutions, in addition to performing operational maintenance on the enterprise network.
- Responsible for maintaining the daily operations of all network hardware, including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless, access control servers and other related equipment. Monitor and analyze network performance across the organization’s LAN, WAN and WLAN.
- Research new and emerging technologies for consideration and adoption into the enterprise environment; assist in the implementation of new technologies and procedures for technology systems.
- Assists in the management and administration of the security and authentication network as well as the remote access network.
- Assists in the evaluation and implementation of networking device upgrades and security related updates.
- Assists in the management and administration of the telecommunications network.
- Provides Tier 2 support for escalated service desk tickets following established protocols and mentorship to Network Engineer I.
- 5+ years of experience with Enterprise Cisco Catalyst switches; Cisco ISR routers; routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP); TCP/IP; DNS; VLANs; VPNs; QoS; IPSEC; RADIUS; two-factor and single sign-on authentication.
- Experience in the design of Wide/Metro/Local Area Networks (WAN/MAN/LAN), MDFs (Main Distribution Frame) and IDFs (Intermediate Distribution Frame).
- Must possess at least one Associate level certification in Cisco Networking or 7+ years of experience in related Network Engineer position
- Occasional travel up to 30%.
- CCNP/CCNA certification; Cisco Unified Call Manager, Cisco ASA/FirePower, Cisco Nexus experience is a definite plus.
- Experience in network migrations consisting of 1000+ nodes is a definite plus.
- Bank and/or Financial Service Industry experience preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)