Lead Engineer @ Verizon - Irvine, CA
Post a job for free in Irvine, CA
What you’ll be doing...
The Visible Engineering Team is seeking a Lead Engineer. Visible is building a next generation cloud mobile network platform, pushing the boundaries of the traditional mobile carrier. We're looking for innovative engineers who are passionate about writing code and unafraid of solving big problems. The position is for a Lead Engineer on our Member Growth engineering team, contributing to the design and development of the platform and services that keep our customers happy. You will bring creative ideas and energy to the team, take calculated risks with a bias to action, and challenge our thinking with a disagree and commit mentality.
- Hands on software contribution - Identify when and how best to carve out platform functionality from a monolith into microservices, while balancing the ongoing needs of the business.
- Technical guidance and mentoring - Advocate for best in class developer experience in tooling, engineering processes and code patterns.
- Learn from and mentor others and participate in MR reviews to continually raise the bar in our collaboration and our technical solutions.
- Uplift platform quality - Strike the right balance between quality and speed, making responsible technical and functional tradeoffs to delivery on our goals; incorporating technical debt and platform maintenance as a cornerstone of our engineering focus alongside feature development.
- Stakeholder management - Working across a complex ecosystem of technical and business partners to bring our strategic vision to reality, over and over again; communicating effectively when surprises come up and helping the team to work through dependencies and blockers.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Master's Degree in computer science or related field.
- Hands on fluency in either Golang or Java/Spring.
- Experience working in an Agile team environment, shipping code regularly.
- Ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Experience in software application development.
- Experience with Salesforce and the Vlocity platform.
- Experience with Apigee as an API proxy.
- Experience on an infrastructure or platform team.
- Familiar with modern observability tools (e.g. Splunk, New Relic, Datadog).
- Understanding of frontend web and mobile application architectures and frameworks.
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon,we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.