Homes.com - Senior Software Engineer (.NET) @ CoStar Group - Irvine, CA
a month ago
Homes.com - Senior Software Engineer (.NET)
CoStar Group - Irvine, CA
Homes.com offers today's demanding home buyers, renters, and those somewhere in between a simply smarter home search. With features like Homes.com Match, HomeShare and Snap & Search, homeshoppers now have a more personalized way to search for their next home. Since its launch over 25 years ago, Homes.com offers real estate professionals’ brand and property advertising, search engine marketing and instant response lead generation to help them succeed online.
This position is in our Irvine, CA office and has the opportunity for hybrid work with up to two days remote per week. Four-day work weeks are also an option for those applicants that are interested.
Our Irvine, CA team is seeking an accomplished Senior Software Engineer to join our team in supporting the supporting multiple software products and brands across the organization, such as www.homes.com and www.homesnap.com. You will have a direct impact on highly visible Homes web applications that touch millions of users. You continuously learn emerging technologies and architecture advancements and apply the learnings to improve Homes’ software products
- Design and develop using Object Oriented design principles and software design patterns to attain high reusability and maintainability
- Deep knowledge and experience in writing unit testable software with C#
- Develop an in-depth understanding of CoStar’s product architecture and frameworks. Maintain and contribute to CoStar’s product platform as necessary
- Develop database stored procedures and SQL scripts/ETL jobs that meet CoStar database standards to implement product requirements.
- Participate and drive continuous improvement within CoStar’s Agile/Scrum teams
- Build consensus among different teams working on software development projects
- Facilitate discussions among other .NET and database developers to exchange new ideas and improvements
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be used to strengthen CoStar’s technology platform and development practices
- 5+ years of production development experience with C# .Net (or .Net Core)
- A demonstrable track record of building and launching successful products and platforms
- Demonstrate working knowledge Vue, React or Angular in TypeScript
- Deliver products that meet specifications and performance SLA
- Experienced in unit, performance, and automation testing
- Deeply understand what drives the business for which you are building software
- Take an active role in mentoring developers with ability to build consensus
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Engineering preferred)
- Experience in relational database design (MS SQL or MySQL) including performance tuning
- Experience with AWS S3, SQS, Dynamo, ElastiCache, Apache Kafka and Datadog
OVERVIEW OF COMPANY:
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar, the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; Homes.com, the premier home for purchase resource for buyers, realtors, and owners. LoopNet, the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of over 4,300 worldwide.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported in both your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take our word for it - see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group: