Who we are
The CuraPatient platform is an innovative, preventative healthcare technology powered by AI. Our dedicated team are experts at designing simple tools to solve digital health problems. Headquartered in Irvine, California, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll up your sleeves and make it happen” team players. If you’re someone who thinks big, can move fast, and wants to make an impact in digital health, then get ready to join the CuraPatient team!
About the role
As a DevOps Engineer at CuraPatient you will be in the DevOps Department, reporting to our Senior DevOps Engineer. You’re a good fit if you are excited when you see everything finally clicks and pipelines work fully end-to-end. We're looking for an experienced, mid-level DevOps Engineer with the ability to jump in and help us build-out our platform-related tooling to help our team scale rapidly. Big plus if you have FedRAMP (HIGH) experience. You'll be managing efforts on deploying tooling that is both reliable and scalable as we're about to hit a major growth spurt.
Success in this role looks like
- Collaborating with our Senior DevOps to assist in leading the design, implementation, and management of highly available, scalable, and secure cloud-based infrastructure solutions for multiple national customer environments using AWSGov services and technologies.
- Developing and maintaining robust CI/CD pipelines to automate Java Spring applications' build, test, and deployment processes across diverse environments.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including developers, system administrators, and security professionals, to ensure efficient and reliable software delivery in alignment with national customer requirements.
- Implement and maintain infrastructure-as-code (IaC) using tools like CloudFormation or Terraform, ensuring consistent and auditable infrastructure deployments across different customer environments.
- Performing regular monitoring, performance tuning, and troubleshooting of production systems across multiple environments to ensure high availability and optimal performance.
- Working closely with development teams to optimize application performance, scalability, and reliability across various customer setups in Java Spring and Hibernate environments.
- Staying updated with the latest industry trends and best practices in DevOps, cloud computing, and security, and proactively apply them to improve our systems and processes across national customer environments.
- Collaborating with security teams to implement and maintain security controls specific to each customer's requirements and ensure compliance with FedRAMP High and other applicable regulations.
- Documenting system configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting steps specific to each customer environment to facilitate knowledge sharing and support future maintenance and enhancements.
- Providing technical leadership, guidance, and mentorship to junior team members, fostering a culture of continuous learning and professional growth.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or a related field (or equivalent professional experience).
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience as a DevOps Engineer, focusing on AWS (Gov preferred), Java Spring, Hibernate and FedRAMP High.
- AWS certification, such as AWS Certified DEvOps Engineer or AWS Certified Solutions Architect, are a plus
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to effectively lead and support diverse national customer environments and cross-functional teams across time zones (Eastern to Pacific)
- In-depth knowledge of CI/CD tools and practices, such as Jenkins, GitLab CI/CD, or AWS CodePipeline.
- Solid understanding of containerization technologies like Docker and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with infrastructure monitoring and log management tools like Splunk, ELK Stack, or CloudWatch Logs.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (IaC) tools like CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Knowledge of security best practices and experience implementing security controls in compliance with FedRAMP High and other customer-specific requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues in production environments.
We’re headquartered in Irvine, California, and at this time, we are focusing on local resources who will report onsite, as required. Orange County (CA) residents strongly preferred. Sorry, no relocation assistance.
We’re unable to sponsor work Visas at this time. Sorry, no C2C.
What’s in it for you
PTO benefits for full-time salaried employees will take effect after a ninety (90) day probation period. Health Benefits start within 60 days of employment. Current benefits included are:
- CuraPatient offer’s employees competitive Platinum Health packages, with HMO plans being covered 100% for the employee, and PPO plans being covered 80% for the employee.
- PPO Vision + Dental benefits covering 99% of the cost for the employee and their dependent(s).
- Personal Time Off (PTO): PTO is accrued at 3.07 hours per pay period (26), which is equivalent to 80 hours or two weeks on an annual basis (PTO is capped at 120 hours).
- Holidays: 9 paid holidays (plus 1 paid floating holiday of your choice)
- Education, learning, development and lots of room for career growth
- Occasional company-wide and team-building events
- Casual attire office. At CuraPatient, our work environment for employees encourages employees to dress comfortably for work.
Located at The Irvine Spectrum all employees can use Irvine Company facilities, which include: bike rentals, onsite dining, car wash & detailing services, dry cleaning service, Envoy on-demand electric vehicles and free access to KINETIC Fitness Centers (cardio machines, weight machines, free weights and studio).
Salary Range Transparency: $112,000 - $132,000 - you know your worth and we want to hear you out. We’re open to a salary that best reflects your experience, skills, knowledge and talents with our needs.
Come as you are:
CuraPatient considers applications for employment without regard to the applicant’s race, color, national origin, sex, religion, creed, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veterans or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Equity starts with everyone:
CuraPatient is dedicated to fostering and maintaining a fair and equal work environment based on mutual respect for the dignity and diversity of each individual. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is important for success and we are committed to building an environment that cultivates collaboration and embraces different perspectives. We firmly believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace is essential to shared success and fulfilling our company’s mission.
CuraPatient strongly encourages employees to get vaccinated. Employees are encouraged to practice additional safety precautions that keeps them and their loved ones protected. A hand washing station, hand sanitizer, masks and COVID test kits are supplied in the office.
Principals only (no C2C). Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Please do not contact employees about other services, products, or commercial interests.