Systems Engineer @ ASi Networks - Industry, CA
Post a job for free in Industry, CA
ASi Networks is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer. The successful candidate will design solutions, provide systems maintenance and troubleshooting for our customers. The primary focus of this position is to provide Microsoft and Cisco support including desktop/server operating systems, Active Directory, and Email systems. Client site visits will be required – mostly in Southern California.
We are looking for somebody to add positivity to our successful team with a sense of teamwork and team spirit. The ideal candidate should bring a combination of knowledge, positive attitude, flexibility and ability to react quickly.
The typical duties for our Systems Engineers include:
· Provide tier 1-3 technical support to our customers.
· Configure, install Servers, including Windows/VMWare/Storage Systems
· Configure Windows Domains/Active Directory.
· Perform proactive maintenance on systems.
· Troubleshoot live issues affecting network connectivity.
· Work with ISP’s to troubleshoot WAN connectivity issues.
· Deploy Network equipment, including Cisco Switches/Routers/Firewalls
· Document new and existing systems (procedures and diagrams).
· Maintain best practices in customer’s IT environment.
· Attend and participate in internal and customer meetings.
· Continue personal and professional development.
· Perform other duties as assigned by management.
The ideal candidate must possess an understanding knowledge of networking including VLANs, TCP/IP, switches, routing, firewalls, VPN, Windows networking, and WLAN. In addition, the candidate must have 3-5 years’ experience with the following:
· Windows Server 2003-2019
· Windows client 7-10.
· Active Directory
· Group Policy
· Microsoft Exchange 2003-2019 / Office 365
· Knowledge of POP/SMTP/IMAP
· Work with mobile devices, primarily email setup
· UPS installs
· Basic understanding of firewall/router/switches/wireless
· Server and network equipment install in server/telco rack.
· Previous experience design LAN/WAN.
· Virtualization technologies, including VMWare/Hyper-V
Other skills required include:
· Ability to reason and think logically.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and with written documentation.
· Self-motivated and results oriented.
· Exceptional work ethic.
· Display willingness to help others in a courteous and professional demeanor.
· Ability to apply judgement, implement solutions, and resolve conflicts, within a multi-tasking environment.
· Ability to work with little to no supervision.
· Ability to work extended hours as needed.
· Participate in on-call rotation.
Although not mandatory, the ideal candidate will also possess some of the following industry certifications:
· CompTIA A+
· CompTIA Network+
· Microsoft MCP
· Microsoft MCSA – Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
· Cisco CCNA
· Salary Range: DOE
· Health and Dental Care Benefits
· IRA Package
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- systems engineer: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19