Senior Software Engineer @ Surfline\Wavetrak, Inc. - Huntington Beach, CA
Post a job for free in Huntington Beach, CA
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team and super charge our development teams. You'll be building a CI/CD system that makes it easy for teams to deliver code at a high standard. You'll be owning our implementation of Backstage.io and a number of plugins to help improve code quality across our codebases. This role is a high impact role accelerating the velocity of all teams by greasing the wheels of delivery. In addition to improving developer velocity, with some DevOps responsibilities, you'll own a handful of key services and packages that deliver common functionality across our React apps and APIs. We're after a high energy, fast-paced, self-directed engineer who's built numerous CI/CD pipelines and has a passion for improving the developer experience.
Powered by JazzHR
What You'll Do:
- Build an efficient, high-performing CI/CD pipeline for a range of artifacts: Docker containers, Lambda functions, Python packages, Node packages, React bundles, etc.
- Own our implementation of backstage.io, a central development home for teams
- Build solid, high-performing, robust, versioned APIs and common packages used throughout a micro-frontend architecture
- Write efficient, clean, readable, fast, testable, documented, monitored code and systems
- Contribute to the engineering experience, mission, and success – way beyond checking off development tasks
- Work closely with other engineers in a small, informal team environment
- Ship code often in a fast paced agile environment
What We're Looking For:
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or related degree.
- Extensive experience managing CI/CD pipelines.
- Proponent of TDD.
- Exceptional problem solving skills and ability to learn/adapt to new technologies.
- Production experience with AWS technologies: ECS, Lambda, SNS/SQS and S3.
- Top notch communication skills.
You May Also Have:
- Been a lead engineer on a team.
- Experience working with monorepos.
- Experience running a GraphQL platform, ideally Apollo.
- Experience with Github Actions or Jenkins.
- Experience with MongoDB.
- Experience working within a micro-service architecture.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (like Terraform/Cloudformation).
Powered by JazzHR