Supp Emergency Management Planner @ Memorial Hermann Health System - Houston, TX
Post a job for free in Houston, TX
At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Job SummaryThis is professional and administrative work supporting the development and implementation of plans and programs to enhance preparedness for Memorial Hermann Health System. The incumbent will facilitate planning for business continuity and disaster recovery strategies, as well as develop and lead training that will prepare MH employees to respond successfully to an emergency situation.
This position reports to and is under the supervision of the System Emergency Manager. Job Description
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college.
Licenses/Certifications:Certification in FEMA IS-100.HCb, IS-200.HCa, IS-700.a, and IS-800.b or equivalent.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- 2 years' of equivalent experience in Emergency Management planning or operations preferably in the health care field
- Prior training, certification and experience in the following areas strongly preferred: emergency planning and management, risk management, emergency medical services, emergency communications.
- Preferred completion of Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP)
- Considerable knowledge of emergency management and business continuity procedures, practices and regulations.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply National Incident Management System and Incident Command System principles.
- Working knowledge of and skill in using a Personal Computer, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet browsers, along with the ability to quickly learn other software applications to support the development of classroom and on-line training courses and materials.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical and large group training.
- Proven team building skills in dealing with multidisciplinary teams in diverse settings. Effective as a change agent.
- Develops and presents training courses and programs
- Creates and maintains the Multi-Year Training and Exercise plan
- Reviews, analyzes, documents, and disseminates After Action Reports and Improvement Plans of emergency exercises and actual emergency incidents/events.
- Manage the design and production of documentation in multiple media to train staff to respond efficiently during emergency incidents/events.
- Actively participate as a Memorial Hermann representative in regional emergency response organizations/initiatives.
- Ensures that all training programs are in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Support and facilitate the learning and effectiveness of each facility Emergency Preparedness Officer.
- Monitor progress of After Action Reports and Improvement Plans
- Assists hospitals with inventory of grant funded equipment and maintenance of grant documentation.
- Participate in emergency management meetings and contribute to special projects as assigned.
- Develops a best-practice healthcare/business continuity program to protect the organizations assets and continuity of operations.
- Research and stays abreast of internal and external threats that could impact business activities. Stay up-to-date on the latest tools, techniques, and best practices for business continuity planning though continuing education.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency;; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Responds to all Memorial Hermann emergency incidents/events.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.