Food Service - Ice Cream Scooper - Ward Village @ Ben & Jerry's Hawaii - Honolulu, HI
Food Service - Ice Cream Scooper - Ward Village
Post a job for free in Honolulu, HI
We are looking for the same things every other food and retail establishment is, all the basics: show up on time, work hard when it's busy, busy yourself around the shop when it's not, customer and service focused personality, a commitment to serving an outstanding product, professional demeanor, love your mom but not too much, blah blah blah
We are currently hiring for our both our Ward Villagelocation.
All interviews and training is at our Ward Village location.
All training is at our Ward Village location for about 2 weeks.
SHIFTS AND HOURS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND ARE DEPENDENT ON MALL HOURS AND OTHER RESTRICTIONS. INITIALLY WILL BE LIMITED HOURS, BUT HOPING TO RETURN TO NORMAL SHIFTS LISTED BELOW.
Our shifts are 9:00am / 9:30am - 4:00pm (morning), 3:30pm - 9:30pm (closing), 5:30pm - 9:30pm (2nd closing). Shifts are typically one person working only. Priority for OPEN availability.
Looking for permanent, part time or full time hires.
If you have open flexibility, that would be ideal, but if you are only available specific days and times, we will consider that as well.
If you are beholden to parental units (we love parents!), please make sure that they understand that if you are offered a position with us, you have a commitment and responsibility to work your assigned shifts. That may mean working early, late or longer hours than what they may be comfortable with. If you're under 18, we would love to meet your parent(s) since they may be a part of our extended team.
We are looking for applicants that can make a long term commitment of at least 6 months . If you CANNOT or WILL NOT be able abide by this commitment, please DO NOT APPLY.
If you cannot wake up early, or you have a curfew to get home by, or don't have a reliable means of transportation OR if you prefer to stream video, hang out with friends, SnapChat, FaceTime, Instagram, Facebook and Tweet all day long - please DO NOT APPLY.
If you are enthusiastic, have a passion to serve others, can lift an entire car on your own to save a melting ice cream cone - WE WANT YOU!
If your customer service skills are legit and you are obsessive about cleaning and keeping things organized - WE WANT YOU!
If you LOVE to sit in the front rows of shows at Universal Studios or SeaWorld coz' you're going to volunteer to go up on stage or get wet, WE WANT YOU!
Outgoing and extroverted personalities a yuuuuge PLUS for us, and be forewarned - you WILL get wet! Wicked witches need not apply.
When applying, please let us know which location you are applying for and how many hours you are looking to work in a given week.
Don't forget to complete the skills assessment for this position. Only those that completed the skills assessment will be considered to a position. Also, a requirement of the position is you must have the required TB Clearance, proof of HepA inoculation and ServSafe Food Handlers Certificate.
We normally respond within 24 hours of receiving a resume. If we don't hear from you within 48 hours of our email, we will assume that you've spilt the milk and are crying over it!
Finally, if we call you for an interview, wear something that makes you laugh or makes you happy!
Tell us a secret that no one else knows. We'd love to see your tattoo of a waffle cone or sundae. Or maybe show us how you can scoop ice cream blindfolded and each scoop still looks perfect!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.50 - $12.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Night Shift
- work: 1 year (Preferred)
- TB, HepA and ServSafe (Preferred)
- fluent English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Monday (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Preferred)
- Wednesday (Preferred)
- Thursday (Preferred)
- Friday (Preferred)
- Saturday (Preferred)
- Sunday (Preferred)
- What motivates you to come to work each day? How can you assure us that you will be responsible - be on time to work, follow instructions, self motivate, etc.?
- Fully Remote
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma