Armed Security Officer @ The Centurion Group - Hollywood, CA
Armed Security Officer
Post a job for free in Hollywood, CA
The Centurion Group (TCG) is immediately hiring armed security officers to fill full-time/part-time positions at Temple Beth Am, located in Hollywood, CA.
Armed security officers needed for the swing shifts - Payrate is $19.00 p/hr. Applicants must have a CA BSIS Guard Card/ BSIS Firearms permit as a requirement for employment.
Benefits: Available to full-time employees (36+ weekly hours) upon completion of 60 days of employment.
If interested, please submit your resume to this job posting or apply at tcgla.com
JOB SUMMARY: Security Officer Position patrols assigned areas to ensure protection of clients, visitors, property, and equipment.
· Provide Superior Customer Service; A “People Person”, enthusiastic and friendly
· Watches for irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel as required.
· Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaches suspicious person and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
· Patrols assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security
· Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; uses client keys to open and close buildings; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
· Prepares routine, standardized reports.
· Provides escorts as necessary
· Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
· May provide specialized security in complex operational areas, requiring specific knowledge of the operating environment.
· Performs periodic checks of emergency call boxes and/or street lights to ensure proper functioning; reports all malfunctioning as required.
· Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
JOB SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing.
· Ability to walk and climb stairs.
· Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
· Ability to see and hear accurately in both day and nighttime conditions.
· Ability to comprehend numerous policies, procedures, concepts and to be able to respond using discretion and interpretive judgment based on general and specific policies.
· Ability to retain knowledge, information, and directions on an ongoing basis and communicate effectively with others.
· Ability to maintain accurate records.
· Ability to react appropriately in emergency situations.
· Knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid (Training Provided if needed)
· Knowledge of portable fire extinguishers and their locations.
· Knowledge of the geography of the site to which assigned.
· Skill in operating portable radio devices.
· Basic knowledge of computers.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
· Must possess a valid CA BSIS guard card.
· Must possess a valid CA BSIS Firearms Permit.
· Must have a reliable source of transportation.
· He/she must be customer service oriented, friendly, a “people person”.
· The successful candidate will pay close attention to detail.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
·Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required. Some college education or business classes desirable
Minimum 3 – 5 years of professional-level experience required and prior experience in the security industry, law enforcement and/or military highly desired;
Current state issued driver’s license, clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), and ability to safely operate a Company vehicle required;
This position requires excellent attendance and punctuality. Incumbents must commit to being on time, must be able to work in a very independent environment, and ensure all directions and instructions from the branch office are followed consistently and thoroughly (such as delivery of items to client sites, training of officers at sites, standing post as needed, etc.).
Ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting is required;
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software a considerable plus;
Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion;
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required;
Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $19.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- armed security: 4 years (Preferred)
- Military : 4 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location