Test Specialist (Satellite Development) @ SpaceX - Hawthorne, CA
Post a job for free in Hawthorne, CA
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TEST SPECIALIST (SATELLITE DEVELOPMENT)
SpaceX services a diverse range of clients and their payloads. Missions supporting scientific research, classified national security space, and commercial opportunities are all in work. As we expand our classified mission manifest, we are looking for test specialist to join our team.
We're looking for people who want to dive in and get their hands dirty - those who are not afraid to make important decisions and strive to provide a data driven rationale. Every day we push the limits of what is possible through innovation, determination, and teamwork and we have only just begun.
- Collaborate with engineers to develop and document test procedures on both development and flight hardware
- Perform tests with engineers according to test procedures while providing data and preliminary test results to derive a pass/fail criteria from each test
- Assist in the design and fabrication of hardware including: harnessing, test fixtures and PCBAs
- Troubleshoot and rework electronics boards as part of troubleshooting or to support design reworks
- Test and measure a broad range of parameters for new board designs (power, optical, digital, RF)
- Fabricate and repair cable harnesses including: soldering, crimping, assembling connectors
- Assemble and support automated test solutions and prototype units
- Thoroughly document test results and board reworks as needed
- 5+ years of experience working in a hands-on technical position
- 2+ years of experience with test equipment and measurement techniques to validate product requirements (oscilloscopes, multimeters, DAQs, electronic loads, spectrum analyzers, etc)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate or bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience reading electrical schematics to rework boards or perform tests
- 1+ years of experience working with environmental test equipment (thermal chambers)
- Excellent soldering skills (0201s, large inductors, QFNs, BGAs, etc.)
- Experience with test operations procedures including thermal, vibration, thermal vacuum, shock and EMI (electrical magnetic interference) and safe handling of flight parts
- Ability to read electro-mechanical schematics to accomplish checkouts
- Ability to troubleshoot programs and systems and determine root causes and implement fixes
- Ability to install and use test instrumentation sensors, including: strain gages, deflection gages, pressure transducers, load cells, thermocouples, RTDs, accelerometers, and analog circuitry
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and ability to navigate and manipulate files
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Ability to solve complex problems with minimal supervision on tight schedules
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work at elevated heights occasionally (scissor lifts and articulated boom lifts)
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying equipment up to 30 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to work in outdoor environments as needed
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.