Rigger @ SpaceX - Hawthorne, CA
Post a job for free in Hawthorne, CA
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Safely rig with round/flat slings and protectors, then lift flight hardware into and from manufacturing machines
- Safely rig with flat/round slings flight hardware components for delivery from machine, non-destructive test and drilling workshops
- Safely rig with flat/round slings and lift large tooling jigs and fixtures into position and onto flight hardware
- Install tooling onto flight hardware barrel sections, safely rig with round slings, lift and breakover barrel sections from vertical to horizontal to load into circumferential stir welding machine
- Safely rig with designed tooling and round slings to lift complete rocket stages from integration carts onto transportation trailer or dolly
- Safely rig with round/flat slings flight hardware and lift using a 6-20k forklift
- Operate air bearing carts to move flight hardware from station to station
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of rigging experience
- 1+ years of professional experience operating a forklift and following basic forklift safety rules
- 1+ years of professional experience working with/around overhead and/or self-propelled cranes
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certified forklift operator
- 2+ years of professional experience as a certified overhead crane operator
- NCCCO rigger I/II qualifications/certifications
- Previous experience with lifting large, odd shaped or unbalanced loads
- Valid driver's license (class "B" or better)
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small opening and climbing hand over hand, lifting 50 lbs., and working on ladders/lifts at elevated heights
- Ability to work in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- On-the-job (OJT) training will be required and may require traveling to other SpaceX sites to accomplish
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.