PCBA Technician (Starlink) @ SpaceX - Hawthorne, CA
PCBA Technician (Starlink)
Post a job for free in Hawthorne, CA
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PCBA TECHNICIAN (STARLINK)
SpaceX is developing a low latency, broadband internet system to meet the needs of consumers across the globe. Enabled by a constellation of low Earth orbit satellites, Starlink will provide fast, reliable internet to populations with little or no connectivity, including those in rural communities and places where existing services are too expensive or unreliable.
The success of Starlink depends on the quality, reliability, cost, manufacturability, throughput, and security of the products that you deliver. If you seek a fast-paced, dynamic environment; if you thrive on solving difficult problems where resolutions have high impact; and if you love the challenge of building something from scratch, then this role will be an ideal next career step.
- Mechanical and electrical assembly of PCB assemblies into product chassis.
- Soldering and de-soldering of through hole and SMT components.
- Maintain and/or perform minor repairs of manufacturing equipment including, but not limited to: pick-and-place machines, screen printers, reflow ovens, drag solder machine, AOI machines, x-rays, parts towers, coating machine, and hand tools/fixtures. This also includes the downloading of programs into machinery, performing setup adjustment, feeder setup and change over and inspecting product during production runs.
- Run new product introduction (NPI) software and troubleshoot component definitions, feeder assignments and all other functions required to set up a first-time run on the placement equipment.
- Run functional testing on units.
- Coordinate with SMT area to ensure maintenance is performed on time.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 1+ years of experience using mechanical hand tools and/or automated machinery in a manufacturing environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of experience setting up, programming and operating SMT equipment, including automated optical inspection (AOI).
- IPC-J-STD-001 certification and/or IPC-A-610 certification.
- Experience performing minor repairs on pick-and-place machines, screen printers, reflow ovens, drag solder machines, x-ray machines, parts towers, and coating machines.
- Experience downloading perform minor repairs on pick-and-place machines, screen printers, reflow ovens, drag solder machines, x-ray machines, parts towers, and coating machines.
- Experience running flying probe test programs.
- Experience using myData SMT machines.
- Able to work all shifts and available for overtime and weekends as needed.
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.