Media Producer/Editor @ SpaceX - Hawthorne, CA
Post a job for free in Hawthorne, CA
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The Producer/Editor is a visual storyteller. This individual will conceptualize, capture, produce, and edit engaging video and photos to tell SpaceX's story across multiple platforms, including: web, social, publicity, webcast, events/tradeshows, appearances, community outreach, and internal presentations.
- Bachelor's degree
- Hands on filming, production, and editing experience for a major corporation, news organization or creative agency
- Must provide links to photography and/or video productions
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in both video and still camera operation, lighting, direction, production coordination and post-production.
- Experience using video and photo editing software (Adobe Creative Suite ((Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, Media Encoder)) DaVinci Resolve and Handbrake).
- Ability to translate business needs into strong visual creative at both the conceptual and execution level
- Proven ability to concept, script, produce, and edit compelling and impactful videos from start to finish
- Innate ability to "find the story," using your journalistic instincts to identify the most compelling aspects of a story, and find new storytelling opportunities
- Ability to work independently, yet also collaborate across all areas of the company to ensure the highest quality videos and photos
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet tight deadlines, and thrive under pressure
- Knowledge of technical production basics for webcasts, press conferences, press events, etc.
- Understanding of archival sciences and an interest in growing the company's photo and video archival system.
- Experience with remote camera systems controlled by sound triggers or automated software
- Demonstrated experience working in a multi-project design/production environment, and eager to meet and exceed objectives
- Ability to work quickly while upholding a high standard of excellence
- Possesses strong journalistic instincts, outstanding interpersonal communication skills, and a "can-do" attitude
- Exceptionally organized
- Willingness to travel and work some weekends
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.