Receptionist @ Banner Health - Greeley, CO
Post a job for free in Greeley, CO
Primary City/State:Greeley, Colorado
Job Category:Administrative Services
Great careers are built at Banner Health. There’s more to health care than doctors and nurses. We support all staff members as they find the path that’s right for them. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Bring your excellent customer service skills to North Colorado Medical Center as a Receptionist. You will be working in a vital role for our hospital greeting visitors and patients as the come to our entrance. In addition, you will doing temperature checks and making sure everyone has a mask. The hours for this position are either from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. and will include weekends. If you like working alongside a great team and make a difference in the lives of our patients, this role is for you - apply today!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
This position is responsible for greeting, screening, and providing assistance to patients, families, and visitors. This position provides quality customer service and may also answer phones and control access to a care delivery area.
1. Greets and assists visitors to the area. Provides them with general information regarding processes and policies, and directs them to appropriate resources, services, or areas.
2. Maintains an orderly waiting area and works with volunteer services to provide a positive/satisfying experience for patients and/or visitors. Reports maintenance issues as needed to facilitate visitor comfort and safety.
3. In patient care delivery areas, coordinates access to the care delivery area, performs visitor authorization procedures, serves as a liaison between visitors and staff, relays visitor concerns to staff, and coordinates visitor support services such as assigning lockers, taking and relaying messages, assigning pagers to visitors, etc.
4. May answer phones, transfer calls , take messages, and relay messages and information as needed.
5. May perform these additional functions, depending on assigned area: assembles charts, files, sorts mail, maintains supplies inventory, transports patients, processes occasional miscellaneous payments, or other appropriate duties as requested.
6. Performs functions within established parameters. Customers include patients, families, and the community at large.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Must have good interpersonal communication and display compassion in stressful situations.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.