Health, Safety & Environmental Coordinator @ MICRODYN-NADIR US Inc. - Goleta, CA
Health, Safety & Environmental Coordinator
Post a job for free in Goleta, CA
We are seeking a motivated and dynamic Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) coordinator to join our team. A successful candidate will work with all departments to improve the health, safety, and environmental culture of the company and will be the primary contact for employees, supervisors, and managers concerning health and safety-related matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBLITIES (including but not limited to)
· Implement and monitor site-specific health, safety, and environmental operations and tasks.
· Understands and uses PPE, safe work practices, environmental stewardship practices and teamwork.
· Conducts regular inspections, safety audits, hazard assessments of work locations and groups.
· Identifies hazards and potential risks and assist operations staff with eliminating hazards.
· Advises jobsite managers on HSE-related matters.
· Conducts first level investigations of worksite accidents, injuries, prepares reports.
· Programs responsible include: risk management activities, industrial hygiene, applicable report writing, industrial HSE compliance auditing, emergency response, HSE training, HSE program development, incident investigation and data trending and analysis.
· Manages reporting, permitting, and interfacing with local environmental and regulatory requirements by county, state and federal agencies, such as Air Pollution Control, Sanitary district, Stormwater, EPA, OSHA, and DTSC.
· Manage the Workers‘ Compensation program in coordination with Human Resources
· Maintain and update company safety manual and company Illness and Injury Prevention Program.
· Conduct short trainings on general safety topics (accident reporting, sharps safety, etc.)
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
· 3+ years or Degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental studies, Occupational Health, Emergency Managment, Toxicology, Chemical engineering, Organic Chemistry, MCDB or Biochemistry, or equivalent related field from an accredited institution.
· First Aid/CPR, First Responder Training.
· Equivalent training or working experience in the armed forces or fire fighting may be acceptable in lieu of traditional education background.
· Two years working in safety, occupational health operations, and/or environmental compliance.
· Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Suite/Powerpoint/Excel/Word.
· Familiar with APCD, Stormwater, OSHA, State/Federal environmental requirements and regulations.
· Documented qualifications in fall protection, HAZMAT response and cleanup.
· Shipping of hazardous materials/wastes, facility or industrial security.
Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to implement the principles and practices of occupational safety and health including industrial hygiene and environmental protection programs.
· Ability to conduct a “root cause” analysis.
· Ability to act appropriately in emergency situations.
· Ability to interpret and effectively communicate technical documents such as Job Safety Analysis to workers, visitors and any other appropriate personnel.
· Possess good energy and able to create and maintain positive interactions with hourly and salaried employees.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is usually performed in a production, warehouse and office environment, utilizing standard safety and environmental and office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to move and use hands. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. May be required to receive medical clearance to use a respirator.
To fulfill the requirements of the essential duties and responsibilities, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements and environmental characteristics described above are representative of the knowledge, skills, ability, and physical elements necessary for the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
MICRODYN-NADIR is a membrane manufacturer whose mission is to help our customers Make Clean Water. Headquartered in Wiesbaden, Germany, MICRODYN-NADIR has locations in Europe, Asia, and the USA. MICRODYN-NADIR offers the widest range of membrane products used to purify water and wastewater, recover valuable products in food and dairy streams and minimize wastewater from many industrial applications. In 2016 MICRODYN-NADIR purchased TriSep Corporation in Goleta, expanding its product line and presence in North America.
Reduce our impact on the environment through sustainable practices
Offer our customers the best possible service, quality and value
Develop leading water and wastewater purification technologies
Be recognized as the leading specialty membrane supplier
Be growing and profitable business for our shareholders
Livee the FILTER corporate values
MICRODYN-NADIR is the water treatment division of MANN+HUMMEL, a $4 billion filtration company based in Germany with thousands of customers across the globe. For more information, visit us online at www.microdyn-nadir.com/en
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- Bonus Pay
- safety, occupational health and environmental compliance: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Goleta, CA 93117 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Waiting period may apply