Post a job for free in Glendale, CA
Job Summary:As a Senior Software Engineer, you will use your deep coding, DevOps, and data skills to write and test code that delivers new features for our application portfolio. You will be an important part of a motivated team where we’ll be looking for you to collaborate with the team to drive application architecture, code quality, and make sure we are building the right things for our users. The ideal candidate would possess deep skills in both server and client side technology (React, Node.js, Ruby, RESTful Web Services), have cloud experience (AWS, Azure, etc…), while having worked with orchestration and containerization platforms (StepFunctions, Docker, Kubernetes), coupled with hands on persistence and data streaming technology experience (MySQL, Postgres, Redis, Kafka).
While The Walt Disney Company is a large company, ideally, we’d like if you have some previous experience in a U.S. startup environment and be comfortable performing multiple roles. We strive to get things done quickly, with high quality, and we are committed to the agile methodology. Our work is guided by lean principles (looking at value and looking for waste; not doing anything ‘for the sake of doing it’).
As a valued technical member of this agile team, you will work closely with other Software Engineers, Systems Engineers, Product Owners, Project Management, End Users, and other technical and business Stakeholders to plan, design, prototype, develop, test, deploy and support existing and new efficient and automated workflows geared toward a lean, fast-paced media supply chain. You will collaborate across the DTCI organization to create POCs, drive automation, and create a service based architecture in the pursuit of reimagining and pushing the traditional boundaries of media services and asset management. This is a unique opportunity for a self-motivated software developer with quality organizational and communication skills who finds fulfillment in seeing firsthand their applications and workflows implemented and utilized by the end user and coworkers.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or another technical field
- Be able to demonstrate significant experience working with relational databases, SQL and newer NoSQL data stores as well as event streaming platforms
- Demonstrate a strong background working with open source technologies and cloud native engineering principles and patterns
- Experience with cloud providers like Amazon Web Services.
- Firm understanding and experience with SOAP and RESTful web services and distrusted applications.
- Be an authentic and collaborative team player who takes pride in their work and strives to continuously improve.
- Have excellent communication skills with strong personal integrity and the ability to work with diverse cultures and personalities and earn respect at all levels of the organization.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline is highly desirable
- Previous work experience in media production, post production, broadcast and/or distribution platforms.
- Experience working with vendor teams to deliver high quality results
- Knowledge of performance testing and application profiling (Gatling, JProfiler)
- Agile/scrum development experience
- Resque or Sidekiq experience.
- Experience with implementing and supporting high volume web systems or large transaction systems in a highly distributed environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or another technical field