Front End Engineer @ Age of Learning - Glendale, CA
Post a job for free in Glendale, CA
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 7 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
Our Marketing team is seeking a Front End Developer to join their effective, collaborative, and vibrant team. The idea developer will be responsible for developing front-end web architecture while ensuring the responsiveness of applications and working closely with product managers, designers, QA, and engineers to plan, scope, build and deploy new features, among other challenging responsibilities. We value developers who find satisfaction in seeking out projects from conception to final product while exhibiting organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Collaborate with technical leadership to implement solutions for complex problems
- Support and collaborate with junior developers as needed
- Write efficient, scalable, and easily testable code
- Implement and maintain A/B testing
- Write and maintain unit tests
- Communicate effectively to technical and non-technical members of the company
- Document code
- Complete projects by target deadlines
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful API’s
- Working knowledge of databases, such as MySQL
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Node.js, npm, webpack, or other bundlers
- Experience with HTML and CSS3
- Experience using modern front-end frameworks, such as ReactJS, AngularJS, VueJS, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with Web Components a plus (Custom Elements API, Shadow Dom API, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- 2+ years of experience building web applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and a self-starter
- Working knowledge of container services, such as Docker, is a plus
- Strong work ethic required, sense of humor a plus
Medical, Dental, Vision + 401k
Highly competitive PTO policy
Casual Dress Code
Snacks + Drinks (Coca Cola Freestyle Machine)
Gaming room including an Arcade (2,000+ games)
Frequent team and company outings
Limitless opportunities for professional growth!