Default Prevention Specialist @ Iec Corporation - Garden Grove, CA
Post a job for free in Garden Grove, CA
International Education Corporation is a leader in post-secondary career education. Our mission is to drive personal and community transformation by empowering students to make a positive and enduring life change. We are consistently searching for like-minded compassionate professionals who strive to be the best in their respective fields. Our top candidates share our commitment to helping students build the skills to create a future of which they can be proud.
We are currently seeking a Default Prevention Specialist to join our team. In this position you will perform required activities to prevent borrowers, graduates and withdrawn students, from defaulting on their federal student loans. You will handle a large volume of inbound and outbound calls in an effort to bring borrower accounts current and meet a monthly run rate.
Successful candidates will be:
- Responsible for providing counseling, information, and assistance to students in accordance with federal requirements and the school’s default prevention program.
- Inform borrowers of their rights and responsibilities under the FFEL and Direct Loan Programs.
- Assist borrowers with options to lower or postpone student loan payments based on the borrower’s individual need.
- Able to multitask while handling a high volume of inbound and out bound calls, emailing, texting and documenting.
- Follow the department strategy to assure borrowers will not return to the delinquency list.
- Responsible for meeting monthly run rates based on borrower accounts brought current.
- Successful skip tracers with experience in locating current contact information for borrowers.
- Ensure the Cohort Default Rate (CDR) and Worst Case CDRs are within the company goals.
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six month to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience and knowledge in working with Federal Financial Aid program is helpful.
Six months of dialer experience required
Strong interpersonal and positive relationship management skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge of Federal Student Loan program rules and regulations helpful but not required
Ability to work with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel Spreadsheet and Word.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced and dynamic work environment. In addition, full-time colleagues have a variety of benefits available that include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, a generously matched 401(k) plan, voluntary benefits and much more.)
If changing students’ lives is also important to you, and you have the qualifications reflected above, we would love to hear from you!