Who are we?
Champions for industrial automation innovation and driven by a mission statement
to empower our customers to swiftly turn great ideas into reality by removing all technological and economic obstacles
, we create and deliver solutions that relieve pain points, bring efficiency to operations
and optimize integration.
Why Choose Inductive Automation?
Our passion goes beyond customers. We celebrate your personal and professional milestones, and we support our teams with meaningful work in a collaborative environment.
We find that great work-life balance inspires teams to do their best work and empowers people to live their best lives. That's why diversity, fun, and flexibility are ingrained into our work culture.
The Inductive Automation team understands the importance of personal growth and social connection. So things like time for professional development, or company and team activities are baked right into the schedule to keep us all engaged, connected, and prospering.
The Senior User Interface/User Experience (UI/UX
) Designer is responsible for analyzing web user needs, identifying gaps and designing beautifully crafted web pages that create excellent user experiences and convert web traffic into audience engagement. They help visualize multiple parts of the product design
lifecycle by creating workflow diagrams, low-fidelity wireframes, high-fidelity visual mockups, and interactive prototypes. Remote, hybrid and on-site work opportunities are available for this role.
- Effectively prioritizing and executing tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Conducting research to understand user and business needs
- Finding gaps in current products and proposing improvements to enhance their performance, usability, and aesthetic
- Creating intuitive interfaces and interaction layers using best practices, the latest web trends and all available tools to augment the user experience
- Defining the appropriate design approach for differentiating experiences
- Working with designers, marketers, writers, and developers to execute creative, user-friendly, and visually stunning experiences
- Participating in stakeholder meetings to understand goals and objectives
- Creating workflow diagrams, wireframes, mockups, and final design assets that are production ready
- Analyzing Google Analytics and other analytical tools to discover weak user flows and develop new flows to achieve desired results
- Writing website copy as needed and working with team writers to develop new content for websites
- Communicating with customers, stakeholders, and colleagues in daily stand-ups, end of sprint status meetings, etc.
- Leading digital projects from strategy to conceptualization, prototyping, and final execution
- 5+ years’ experience working as a UX designer and has shipped real world applications
- Understanding of best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Empathy for the needs of customers and stakeholders
- Able to balance aesthetics with user needs
- Broad understanding of common design and development lifecycles, terminology, and tools
- Design thinking and a user-centric mindset
- Highly adaptable and collaborative
- Prior experience creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, etc.
- Ability to present designs and sell solutions to various stakeholders
- Up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Strong attention to detail
Based on the Sacramento region, the new hires minimum and maximum target salary for this role is $90k - $105k.
Inductive Automation’s ranges are market-driven and set to allow for flexibility. Although it is not typical for an individual to start at the top end of the range for the position, compensation decisions are dependent on: the facts and circumstances of each case, work location, job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training; and other business
and organizational needs.
Benefits and Perks
100% Covered Health Care: Don’t pay a dime for your medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Work/Life Balance: Create a work schedule that fits your needs.
Paid Time Off: Receive paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
401k with Match: Save for the future with our company-matching 401k program.
World-Class Headquarters: While on-site, enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages, then challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard, or foosball.
Adjacent Nature Reserve: On-site employees enjoy breathtaking views and adventures that energize and inspire.