Executive Assistant to the City Council @ City of Fayetteville, NC - Fayetteville, NC
Executive Assistant to the City Council
Post a job for free in Fayetteville, NC
A RESUME WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IN DETERMINING YOUR QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION.
- Respond to inquiries from City Council, and the public in general; determine nature of complaint, resolve complaint requiring interpretation of policies and procedures and research of background information, and/or refer as appropriate.
- Screen incoming mail for content and take appropriate action; review with City Clerk or Council Member as needed.
- Serve as project assistant and perform special project assignments as requested by City Council.
- Respond to public requests for information and complaints, except where technical, legal, or administrative complexities require direct involvement of the City Council or City Clerk.
- Administer boards and commissions program and determine applicant’s eligibility; monitor and respond to questions from the public regarding the boards and commissions application process.
- Schedule, arrange, and coordinate City Council activities, meetings, conferences, travel and various events with the public, outside agencies, and other elected or appointed officials; resolve all conflicts.
- Compose a variety of documents including general correspondence, reports, memoranda, proclamations, recognition, announcements and statistical charts.
- Supervise the requisitioning of supplies and materials as required.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including copiers, scanners, facsimile machines and computers; input and retrieve data and text; assist in the organization and maintaining of filing.
- Review, research and summarize a variety of fiscal, administrative and departmental information; process accounts receivables and payables.
Three years of progressively responsible administrative municipal experience or office management work.
Equivalent to completion of an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration or a related field.
LICENSING & CERTIFICATIONS:
Commissioned by the State of North Carolina as a Notary Public within one year of employment.
NC Certified Municipal Clerk.
From the time of closing the hiring process is anticipated to last 2 weeks. The selection process will consist of a panel interview with the selected candidate being subject to a pre-employment drug screen, background check and driving history check.