Receptionist-Per Diem @ Seacrest Village Retirement Communities - Encinitas, CA
Post a job for free in Encinitas, CA
Dear Applicant: WE are about Passion.People.Purpose. WE are Seacrest Village Retirement Communities, a not-for-profit 501c senior housing organization. No matter what your job/position is at Seacrest Village, you share with all the people here, one principle function - to ensure our residents receive the best care and service …The one thing you will always be held accountable for is the exercise of your best judgment. If you enjoy working with and/or around seniors, and associates who work as a team in every sense of the word, then you deserve to work for an employer like Seacrest Village Retirement Communities. Best of luck in your search!
I. BASIC PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To greet and route guests, residents, family members, service providers, vendors, and answer and route phone calls. Serve as a liaison between maintenance and staff and residents in responding to building or equipment work orders. Handle initial marketing inquiries.
II. CUSTOMERS/CLIENTS SERVED BY POSITION:
Residents, family members, potential residents, guests, vendors, the community, staff and department heads.
III. OUTCOME WHEN JOB IS DONE WELL:
Residents, guests, and potential residents will receive mail, messages, promptly. Guests will be greeted and given all information as needed. Residents will receive immediate emergency response. Staff will receive messages/calls timely and accurately. Resident needs are met. A good impression of our facility is left with customers, guests, potential residents and clients. Calls will be answered promptly and the front desk is NOT left unattended.
IV. EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
V. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Two (2) years reception for front desk office duties at hotel, retirement community or condo building with experience handling multi-line phone system.
VI. SKILLS, LICENSE, CERTIFICATION AND/OR SPECIAL TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
Excellent telephone oral and written skills, ability to use busy phone system, type 50 wpm, computer skills to include word processing and data entry, and people skills. . Able to respond to ER Fire Panels and computer monitors requiring action timely. Able to read, write, speak and understand English language. Computer literate in multiple software. Able to pass pre-employment physical, TB test and obtain fingerprint clearance as required by our licenser.
VII. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES THAT MUST BE SAFELY PERFORMED WITH OR WITHOUTREASONABLE
ACOMMODATION WITHOUT POSING A DIRECT THREAT TO OTHER EMPLOYEES, RESIDENTS OR SELF:
WORK PERFORMANCE – job knowledge, quality, productivity, planning, creativity, initiative
RECEPTIONIST JOB DUTIES:
- Reviews and responds to employee and resident incident reporting; responds and calls appropriate first responder to access need of residents or employees. Assures proper paper work is completed with accuracy.
- Provides administrative/clerical support to Administration and Accounting.
- Notifies department manager of visitor arrival.
- Reports to the Supervisor any unusual or threatening behavior by a visitor, staff, or resident.
- Appropriately uses overhead paging system in the facility.
- Reports telephone repair to the Maintenance.
- Maintains petty cash box and documents on petty cash sheet.
- Maintains supply of postage stamps, for purchase by residents/employees and replenishes supply when necessary.
- Maintains resident telephone and apartment list.
- Maintains department manager/supervisor extension listing and distributes accordingly.
- Answer and route phone calls to residents, staff or residents, quickly and efficiently, or route to voice mail if necessary. Take messages for residents and staff when appropriate.
- Respond appropriately to emergency calls and alarms.
- Typing and clerical work. Includes work processing/data entry.
- Updates emergency telephone list.
- Record receipt of packages and medications
- Maintain a high level or confidentiality regarding residents and staff of facility.
- Contact staff as needed to respond to resident, family member, guest or staff needs.
- Take and process housekeeping and maintenance work orders and follow-up for completion.
- Responds to the community at large as they enter the lobby.
- Assures that those entering SIGN in properly.
- Communicates in a pleasant, friendly, helpful manner.
- COMMUNICATES INFORMATION clearly!
- Orient new receptionists and appropriate staff to the front desk system.
- Facilitates the making of copies and faxing of documents for residents.
- Process cash receipts.
- Sort and distribute mail (same day) to resident and staff
- Keep calendar current for reserving the use of Administration conference room and TV Lounge
- Monitor cameras at locked entrances and respond properly to those asking to enter
- Notify drivers when residents are ready to return from medical appointments.
- Assist residents who have guest phones with outside calls
- Radio Katzin Residence staff to alert them to incoming calls
- Distributes staff paychecks
- Ensures the front desk is never left unattended.
- Orders Office supplies for staff and reconciles monthly office supply bill.
- Provides applicants information related to completing the online application
- Explains in brief the laptop use for completing the application online.
- Informs HR when the instructions page needs replenishing
- Informs HR when challenges occur as explained by the applicant
- Ensures the laptop is recharged
- Adheres to Application process and policy.
- Route all employment work references to HR including police, subponeas, or visitors inquiring about our staff.
- HR Mail distribution
- Ensure that all Agency private duty companions sign appropriate book at front desk
- Other projects as assigned by HR and Executive Assistant
FACTORS AFFECTING WORK PERFORMANCE - attendance, dependability, achievement, interpersonal skills
- Make time to have fun at work, laugh, breathe and smell the roses.
- Regular, punctual attendance. Flexibility in schedule as it may include some weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Attend department staff meetings as often as possible.
- Timely completion of work assignments.
- Be a team player and able to get along well with co-workers and other departments.
MISSION, VISION, POLICY AND REGULATIONS - SV Philosophy, Judgment & Adherence to policy
- Familiarize self with Seacrest Village mission/vision, rules, policies and procedures and same with the Jewish Tradition as observed by our residents, family and guests.
- Observes safety regulations; to include but not limited to wearing appropriate safety equipment, reporting work related injuries, using proper body mechanics and responding to fire/disaster alarms and wearing security access name badge.
- Payroll/HR-uses current system to follow timekeeping policy utilizing timeclock to record all hours worked to include mandatory meal period of thirty minutes by the 5th hour of work and OT is authorized by supervisor.
- Wear appropriate clothing per facility and uniform policy.
- As a mandated reporter per DOJ requirements; attends Mandated Reporter Abuse training meetings, will report all abuse incidents; physical, emotional, financial, sexual, verbal, completing the 1) SOC 341 form, mailing or faxing, 2) calling the ombudsmen and/or department of health services; for Assisted Living and Independent Living, call ombudsmen, and APS (adult protective services), and 3) informing supervisor so resident can be protected.
- Follow the corporate compliance standard and employee code of conduct, of performing work with an ethical behavior and utilizing proper business conduct and professional practice, that complies with applicable laws, rules and regulations; as serving the residents, preserving the organizational reputation, maintaining resident/employee trust, community respect. Reports non-compliance or concerns to Corporate Compliance Officer.
VIII. NON-ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS:
- Able to run postage meter for mailings
- Keep copy room orderly and clean
IX. EQUIPMENT REQUIRED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Multi-line phone system, 2. Copy machine, 3.Pagers and their systems, 4.Radios, 5. Computer/wordprocessing- sending/responding to emails-HR and Payroll system, 6. Main Key box, 7. Log Book, 8. Fax
X. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to file, type. Occasionally the employee will be required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Employee must be able to lift and move up to 25lbs unassisted. Requires close viewing of computer screen. Good verbal communication and excellent vision and hearing required. Able to sit for long periods at a time. Good hearing ability. Able to lift or more unassisted up to 25lbs.