Java Full Stack Developer
Cognizant is looking for an experienced and innovative Java Full Stack Developer to serve our diverse base of global clients. As a member of our team, you will build cutting edge, cloud-based software that powers modern business. An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working in a diverse, collaborative, geographically distributed team. Similarly, the candidate is an expert engineer who values the “team”, drives continuous improvement and is unafraid to challenge the legacy status quo with creative cloud-based solutions.
- Work with Product Owner to align team with product vision, sprint goals and other necessary information.
- Creates an environment of collaboration within the teams that allows for open dialogue and productive solutions for resolving conflicts.
- Assist the team and the Product Owner identify stories, maintenance, defects, tech debt, and other work the team needs to accomplish during the PI.
- Facilitates the team in creating a draft PI plan for the PI’s iterations, writing draft PI Objectives, and identifying program risks and issues.
- Champions continuous improvement activities to reduce waste and increase productivity.
- Provide inter and intra team supports by bringing visibility and subsequent resolution of dependencies for their team.
- Supports the personal development of team members, helping them gain a continuous learning mindset.
- Understands and educates the team on methods beyond Scrum, such as Team Kanban, Flow, Built-in Quality, and more. Helps build a high-performing team.
- Bachelor's degree and 10-13 years of relevant experience.
- Create technical specification from logical design and functional specifications.
- Develop new applications and application enhancements.
- Independently complete root-cause analysis design solutions write code perform testing provide documentation and implement projects or major components of large projects.
- Create or enhance application development documentation.
- Strong familiarity and adherence to core Agile values and principles.
- Exposure to modern engineering practices like Unit Test-Driven Development, and Continuous Integration.
- Mindset of servant leadership.
- An Agile mindset.
- Expert with Agile and Scrum framework and its application in Production development and delivery organization.
- Ability to coach and mentor.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence people at various levels.
Cognizant will only consider applicants who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship (H-1B, L-1B, L-1A, etc.)
Salary and Other Compensation:
The annual salary for this position is between $83,980.00 – $151,960.00 depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
The position is also eligible for Cognizant’s discretionary annual incentive program, based on performance and subject to the terms of Cognizant’s applicable plans.
Benefits: We offer the following benefits, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
401(k) plan and contributions
Paid Parental Leave
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Sep 25 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business
, operating and technology
models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative
and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email Car[email protected] with your request and contact information.