Cloud Automation Engineer @ VentureScope - El Segundo, CA
2 months ago
Cloud Automation Engineer
VentureScope - El Segundo, CA
As a Cloud Automation Engineer, you will support the US Space Force Software Factory “Kobayashi Maru.” Kobayashi Maru is responsible for continuously delivering impactful software for space operations. The Factory’s mission includes the development and deployment of software for space defense, space domain awareness, and enabling data services.
You will become an integral member of Kobayashi Maru’s Infrastructure as Code (IaC) team responsible for developing, deploying, and maintaining a fully automated, reliable, and secure cloud-native platform to support the ‘path to production’ for space applications, while becoming the platform of choice for SSC.
The IaC team operates within an Agile framework including daily stand ups, short feedback loops, sprint/iteration planning, duration planning, retrospectives, executing from the product backlog and roadmap, meeting performance metrics, and reporting on progress and blockers. The IaC team is completely customer-oriented and strives to exceed service level agreements, specifications, and parameters.
You will be responsible for focusing on developing and maintaining software that automates processes and workflows that allow the cloud Infrastructure to function and scale easily and cost-effectively. You will design and implement new automated features and services on top of the cloud infrastructure to maximize their cloud capabilities and resources through automated execution of installations, configurations, and management of the infrastructure in Microsoft Azure. You will perform scheduled and unscheduled automation in support of the entire Kobayashi Maru tech stack and infrastructure. With automation and an ‘everything as code’ mentality, you will help mature and deliver Kobayashi Maru’s cloud infrastructure supporting 14 software product teams and thousands of users across the test, IL4 development, IL6 staging/production, and higher classification level stagging/production environments.
This is a hybrid position; you will be expected to work on-site with the Government customer in El Segundo, CA at least 2-3 days per month (may increase or decrease over time given project needs), and travel once or twice a quarter to Vandenberg Space Force Based and/or Colorado Springs, CO due to the occasional need to access secure networks. You will be 100% ‘roll up your sleeves, hands on keyboard’ ensuring fully automated, highly reliable, and seamless delivery of all cloud services. You will be expected to work collaboratively with the team in achieving the goals, objectives, and deadlines set by the Government Platform and Infrastructure Portfolio Lead, Chief Technology Officer, and Infrastructure as Code Product Manager.
- Approximately 3 years of professional experience as a Cloud Engineer (an emphasis in automating infrastructure for mid- to large- enterprises is desirable)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, STEM, or related field
- Possession of a current Microsoft Azure certification desirable
- Must live within driving distance of El Segundo, CA
- Must be a US Citizen, per Government client requirements
- Possession of a current Secret Clearance is ideal, but not required at time of hire; if candidate does not have a clearance, they must be willing to apply for and maintain a clearance.
An ideal candidate's resume should reflect the following experience...
- Developing software that uses automation tools for Microsoft Azure cloud services
- Creating scripts and tools to automate repetitive tasks in the cloud environment
- Designing, developing, and implementing solutions that improve efficiency and reduce costs through virtualization, automation, and storage management
- Developing and modifying code to automate tasks to meet customer requirements
- Analyzing infrastructure operations and designing new solutions to improve efficiency and reduce cost
- Building and managing complex cloud environments in Microsoft Azure, including security measures for encryption, authorization, and protocols
- Monitoring system performance, conducting capacity planning, identifying trends, and providing recommendations to improve service levels via automation
- Performing Linux customizations to meet customer needs
- Working closely with software development teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Using Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, and Bicep
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
- 2 years
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- El Segundo, CA 90245: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Azure: 1 year (Preferred)
- cloud orchestration or cloud architecture: 1 year (Preferred)
- developer: 1 year (Preferred)
- Confidential (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in El Segundo, CA 90245