Transporter PRN @ Saint Joseph Hospital - Denver, CO
Saint Joseph Hospital
13 days ago
Post a job for free in Denver, CO
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Patient Transporter.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh loudly.
You’re equally comfortable with communication, empathy, technology and reliability.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 365-bed facility is one of the top-ranked hospitals in Denver, and has been awarded the highest national recognition possible for nursing excellence – Magnet designation – by the ANCC. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Our deep community roots date back to 1873, making us one of the oldest hospitals in Colorado.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Patient Transporter you need to know how to:
- Transport patients, charts, specimens, and required equipment to various treatment and diagnostic areas throughout the hospital in a safe and efficient manner 100% of the time. Provide emergency assistance to patients who become ill during transport process until clinical staff can be notified and assistance arrives.
- Comfort patients and their families by offering support and encouragement; being punctual and attentive to procedure schedules; demonstrating caring and cultural sensitivity.
- Coordinate the care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Verify mode of transportation, obtain patient chart, necessary paperwork, required linens, and/or equipment. Notify nursing staff of patient being transported and the destination.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart Association or the ability to obtain within 60 days of hire (with prior approval), required
- Prior healthcare experience, preferred
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Patient Transporter on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.