CRTC - Data Collector I @ TRAX Test Services - Delta Junction, AK
CRTC - Data Collector I
Post a job for free in Delta Junction, AK
This position is located at the Cold Regions Test Center (CRTC), Delta Junction Alaska
The Data Collector (DC) applies working mechanical and technical knowledge to perform all phases of technical test data observation and recording in support of engineering projects. The work requires use of standardized, but varied, military technical manuals. Field data collected consists of maintaining an accurately detailed chronological record of all test item operations and maintenance related data. From the field data obtained, the DC prepares standardized Test Incident Reports. The DC may also prepare and maintain test mileage, test hours and other summaries to track test progress. The DC will work first, second and third shifts as necessary to meet specific test needs. Other duties as assigned.
Shifts/Hours: Vary with mission requirements.
- Must have a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
- Must have good command of the English language and the ability to write well with good grammar and spelling skills.
- Must possess a working knowledge of computers, with experience in MS Word and MS Excel.
- Must be prepared to work weekends and holidays as needed to support specific test schedules.
- Must be prepared to travel to other test location in support of specific test schedules.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance prior to hire and maintain it through employment with TRAX.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical.
- Must demonstrate capability to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs, talk, hear and see.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Must be able to enter, exit and climb on and under test vehicles of various configurations, some in excess of 10 feet off the ground.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- A two or four year college degree in English, Journalism, Mechanical Arts or related disciplines.
- Post high school English credits.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
- Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
**Relevance of experience to be determined by the hiring manager.
The lists above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. TRAX International reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Closing Date: Open until filled.Other Job Information (if applicable) •TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
- TRAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
- TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.