Triage Nurse for Non-Critical COVID-19 Unit @ College Hospital Costa Mesa - Costa Mesa, CA
Post a job for free in Costa Mesa, CA
For non-critical 6 bed Covid19 unit; Assessing patients via nasal swab for Covid-19, drawing labs and assessing for medical and psychiatric needs.
Psychiatric hospital in Orange County is looking to hire a Triage Nurse - RN (12 hour shifts)
******PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT https://www.chc.la/index.php?q=cosCareer AND FILL OUT AN APPLICATION AND SUBMIT APPLICATION TO OUR HR EMAIL******
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE This position will perform a variety of functions for the assigned shift including, but not limited to, serving as a clinical resource to Access Services to determine that admitting criteria are met for inpatient admissions, conduct RN to RN consultation with referring facilities, provide evaluations to patients that present to the hospital lobby, facilitate triage and transfer of patients to other facilities. In addition, the position will be responsible for maintaining bed availability status and performing various nursing functions as specified by the House Supervisor __________________________________________________________________________________________________ __________
QUALIFICATIONS Current, valid CA RN license. Two years of progressive proven clinical experience in an acute psychiatric and/or chemical dependency hospital. __________________________________________________________________________________________________ __________
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Frequent sitting for long periods of time, walking and standing. Occasional bending, crawling, and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds. Occasional pulling and pushing up to 50 pounds. Corrected vision and hearing to a normal range. Finger dexterity. Frequent exposure to stressful situations. Constant contact with patients and public. __________________________________________________________________________________________________ __________
WORKING CONDITIONS Occasional exposure to noise, dirt, dust, smoke and fumes. Occasional exposure to bloodborne pathogens. Occasional exposure to chemicals and general cleaning agents. Shift hours may vary dependent upon department needs to include weekends and holidays. __________________________________________________________________________________________________ __________
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (All duties listed below are essential to the job.)
* General Staff Accountabilities Employee’s conduct conforms to the Mission, Vision, Values, and Code of Conduct of College Hospital. Values individual differences and demonstrates sensitivity to the cultural needs of others. Respects the rights, privacy and property of others, and maintains strict confidentiality. Effectively protects all health information from unauthorized access per HIPAA regulations and all applicable local and state laws. Maintains required certification/license in a timely fashion. Exhibits good attendance and punctuality. Provides appropriate notice prior to vacation/time off and notifies supervisor a minimum of two hours prior to shift when unable to come to work.
Observes allotted break and meal periods as prescribed by Hospital Policy and follows time card procedures by accurately writing in and out. Attends to personal affairs to avoid any interference with productivity. Adheres to the Dress Code. Demonstrates an understanding of their personal role in the case of fire/disaster and participates in Performance Improvement activities. Functions with an awareness of patient safety issues and applies basic principles of safety as identified within the facility. Follows the occurrence reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues.
* Job Specific Accountabilities Effectively screens patients for medical considerations to determine appropriate disposition. Conducts nurse-to-nurse consultation with referring facilities in a timely manner. Performs initial screening and evaluation of lobby walk-ins in a timely manner. Effectively assists the House Supervisor with triage process. Assists nursing units with initial nursing assessments as needed. Obtains initial authorization for managed care admissions originating in the Hospital lobby in a timely manner. Demonstrates awareness of and sensitivity to the rights of patients/SO and uphold those rights as identified within the facility and by the California Department of Mental Health. Develops and maintains working relationships with nursing units, Access Services and other members of the Hospital staff. Effectively collaborates with House Supervisor to determine current and accurate bed status. Assists Access Services staff with phone intake in a effective manner. Notifies all denials due to Medi-cal considerations to on-call Nursing Administrative staff. Serves on committees, task forces and work groups on a voluntary and appointed basis at the department and hospital level. Attends monthly Access Services department meetings, House Supervisors meetings, and daily communication meetings. Effectively prioritizes communication issues pertaining to all departments and provide collaborative intervention as necessary. Demonstrates working knowledge of hospital policy, the Orange County P.E.T. guidelines, and the California W & I code, implementing involuntary holds as necessary and appropriate. As the coordinator of care, the registered nurse shall be responsible for the observation and direction of patient lifts and mobilization, and shall participate as needed in patient handling in accordance with the nurse’s job description and professional judgment. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Customer Service Exhibits excellent customer relations toward patients, patients’ families, visitor’s, physicians and co-workers and exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful.
Reports to: Administrative Director of Access Services and Communication
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 12 hour shift
- acute psychiatric progressive proven clinical: 2 years (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- Do you have valid BCLS "Health Care Provider" CPR and ACLS cards? Do you have experience assessing patients via nasal swab for Covid-19, drawing labs and assessing for medical and psychiatric needs?
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
Company's Facebook page: