Software Engineer @ Unlock Venture Partners - Costa Mesa, CA
Post a job for free in Costa Mesa, CA
About the Role of Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer at FightCamp, you will be a member of the Engineering team where you will develop and expand the cloud features of our core API used by our mobile app and video production process. This will be a challenging but rewarding task and you will be working directly with the Web and Product teams.
Concretely, you can expect to work on improving all our back-end services to process workouts/tasks through the app, automate communications with our customers and grow our back-end tooling.
That being said, you can also expect to be called in to help the rest of the team with other development functions such as creating cloud services or integrating different business tools.
Finally, if you love making a huge impact, and you’re a software engineer with a deep knowledge and understanding of software engineering, there is a place for you at FightCamp.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with the Mobile team to develop API features
- Lead technical decisions and work to define direction and architecture
- Maintain and expand our backend infrastructure using Node.js
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy
- Ensure availability and reliability of our services in production
- Improve team and engineering processesCommunicate design decisions and tradeoffs effectively
- Communicate design decisions and tradeoffs effectively
- Take ownership of the architecture, development, deployment, and operations of the microservices that you create
We Are Looking For Someone Who
- Writes readable, robust, testable, performant and reusable code
- Is confident and self-sufficient with AWS
- Has extensive experience with Node.js and Express.js
- Has experience with Agile methodologies and fast development cycles
- Is open and interested in learning new technologies
- Can work cross-functionally to bring projects from idea to production
Good To Have
Who We Are
Want your work to have a huge impact on the business and other people’s lives, as well as shape who you will become both in your work and in your everyday life?
FightCamp is a fast-growing fitness startup backed by the world’s most prestigious accelerator program. We’re funded, generating revenues and are probably the most dedicated team you’ll find.
Our mentality is simple. Work smart, play hard. We are a results-driven team that values autonomy and individual responsibility over hierarchy.
We are looking for other A+ players to join our team. Come shape the future of at-home fitness with us.