Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) - Personal Consultation Analyst
Are you interested on being on the cutting edge of regulatory compliance? Are you focused on helping others comply with regulations and policies? Are you passionate about research and subject-matter expertise in a professional services environment? Are you interested in gaining exposure to auditor independence rules promulgated by our regulators? Then our ICN Personal Consultation team may be the right fit for you!
Work you'll do
Risk & Brand Protection (R&BP)
- As a Personal Consultation Analyst, you'll use your analytical, research and investigative skills to:
- Assist candidates/new hires with understanding and completing their independence compliance requirements upon joining
- Perform research and analysis for permissibility on various personal, employment, and financial relationships and document analysis and conclusions
- Review financial statements of public and private retirement funds to ensure such securities are permitted under applicable rules
- Reconcile various sources of financial information to ensure consistency
- Participate on follow up calls with internal teams or candidates to review conclusions or gather additional information.
- As needed, provide support to other areas within ICN to assist audit engagement teams, and professionals, on compliance with SEC, PCAOB or AICPA rulings and Deloitte US independence policies
At Deloitte, we are stewards of reputation-ours and our clients. That's why we foster a culture that protects, preserves, and enhances our reputation. With your help, we will distinguish Deloitte as the clear leader in professional services, making us the first choice for clients and talent.
Independence & Conflicts Network
The Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) Personal Consultation team performs a critical consultative, quality-assurance and risk-management
function for the Deloitte US Firms, helping the organization remain unbiased and free from conflicts-of-interest, in fact and appearance, when providing service to attest/audit
clients. Independence requirements are defined by specific sets of policies, external rules and regulations, so maintaining both the independence of the Deloitte US Firms and personal independence is essential to the business
and reputation of Deloitte.
- Bachelors' degree (preferably in a business area)
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Positive customer service attitude, good judgement, dedication to quality, with a demonstrated attention to detail.
- Proficient in standard office-productivity tools (Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word). Microsoft Visio a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication, research, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- With the support of a team leader, be able to effectively work independently on multiple initiatives, report and communicate progress.
- Ability to manage and prioritize time required and react positively to an environment where priorities and deadlines can quickly change.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- An understanding of independence requirements for professional auditing firms/ Financial Service industry
- A basic to intermediate knowledge of financial instruments and accounts, such as equities, fixed income, brokerage accounts, etc.
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business
and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $40,600 to $66,800