Administrative Coordinator @ Get Safe - Corona, CA
Post a job for free in Corona, CA
We’re hiring at GET SAFE
**As essential workers, we continue to provide services to the communities we serve**
GET SAFE is a private, community-based agency focused on increasing the safety and well-being of all people and ages through prevention and intervention education. With over 30 years of experience reaching vulnerable populations and addressing sensitive topic matters, Get Safe engages audiences through personable, practical and interactive teaching methods. This position will work within a growing department in the agency that was created out of our dual experience working from both the community and law enforcement perspectives. This position will work specifically within the law enforcement training department, to provide administrative support for our crisis intervention and de-escalation trainings that are offered to officers across the State of California. Get Safe is dedicated to proactively addressing current issues by providing solutions to bridge the gap between law enforcement and the community. We are looking for motivated, self-initiated individuals willing to help us continue to build this program and make significant impact in our world. To discover more, you should check us out at www.getsafeusa.com/lawenforcement.
Purpose: Administrative Coordinator
Get Safe's Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for providing administrative and clerical assistance to support the program through data entry, creation of newsletters and flyers, oversight of logistics related to conducting in person and remote trainings. This position is considered entry-level administrative in a newly-formed and expanding department of the agency and is expected to help manage around 50+ trainings at various stages of scheduling at any given time.
· Full-Time; non-exempt;
· Pay Range: $16-18 per hour
· Service areas: California
· Availability preference: Monday-Friday, 8-5
· Ability to work productively from home, with possibility of rotation back to in-office work, Public Health Guidelines permitting
· No medical or dental benefits are offered at this time
· Complete data entry tasks
· Complete administrative tasks related to scheduling training sessions
· Monitor and compile data and reports from survey feedback and assessments
· Create newsletter templates and informational flyers related to trainings
· Research and compile information on departments and local resources across CA
· Clear communication across the team to ensure all tasks are identified and completed
· Ability to communicate information verbally over the telephone and via email
· Adhere to all company and state regulations
· Experience with aspects of data entry and clerical duties
· Demonstrate patience, professionalism, decision-making skills, and good judgment
· Reliable, quick-learner, and flexible with changing job/company priorities
· Training will be provided; familiarity with POST, continuing education, or law enforcement agencies preferred
· Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to apply concepts across multiple scenarios
· Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills
· Computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite, Adobe, Zoom, information-gathering, etc.)
· Exhibit a positive attitude in their work and have a willingness to learn
· Detail-oriented work ethic
· Ability to write and speak English
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
**Along with your resume please submit a document answering the following questions, only submissions including answers to the following will be considered.
1. How many years of relevant experience do you have, please briefly describe duties?
2. What is the highest level of education you have completed and in what field?
3. Are you willing to submit a writing sample prior to employment?
4. Are you interested in growth opportunities within the company?
5. Are you interested in expanding job duties to include marketing, customer-facing administration, or with other Get Safe training programs both in and out of California?
6. What type of learner are you primarily (visual, auditory, or tactile)?
7. How would you handle the following situations?
o A piece of personal information is incorrectly inputted, and a student does not receive credit. Their supervisor calls and informs you of this mistake.
o You are creating a newsletter for 1,000+ subscribers and you accidentally send your draft before it has been finalized and approved.
o You realize that there is a scheduled training happening next week and nothing has been prepared.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Administrative: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19