FEMA PA Disaster Recovery Specialist @ iParametrics - Colts Neck, NJ
Post a job for free in Colts Neck, NJ
Since 2005, iParametrics has been playing a vital role in the nation’s response and recovery from natural and man-made disasters. We are currently seeking Disaster Recovery Specialists to support projects in New York and New Jersey.
We are looking for the following types of experienced professionals:
- Cost Estimators
- Engineers (Civil, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, and Geotechnical)
- Construction Managers
- Sharepoint Database Developers
The qualified individuals will work hand-in-hand with FEMA and local government representatives to assist them with the FEMA Public Assistance process. This may include one or more of the following: conducting damage assessments; developing cost estimates; determining opportunities for hazard mitigation; and reviewing project for compliance with applicable laws and regulations such as building codes/standards, environmental considerations (NEPA, endangered species, clean water/air, etc.) and historic preservation requirements.
- Previous FEMA Public Assistance Program experience and a current, active badge is required. Past experience working FEMA PA in New York or New Jersey is highly desired.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and minimum of 10 years of experience in your field of expertise or 15 years of experience in your field of expertise.
- Experience within the commercial and/or public industries including, but not limited to, government entities/facilities (including military), medical facilities, schools, transportation (roads and bridges), coastal entities, water/waste treatment and utilities/power.
- Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish objectives under a tight deadline.
- Proficient in computer usage, MS Word and Excel, and smartphone/text usage.
- Professional Registration or Certification such as Professional Engineer (PE), Registered Architect, Project Management Professional (PMP), etc. is a plus.
Special Position/Work Requirements
- This position may require work to be conducted onsite as well as work in excess of 40 hours per week, including weekends.
- Situational Awareness: During site assessments, conditions may be austere including prolonged exposure to excessive heat, cold and prolonged sun exposure. Other potential risks include air quality issues, standing water, mosquitoes, snakes, debris and other potential exposures.
- Physical Requirements: Site assessments may require extensive walking and standing for long periods of time; working in small spaces, tunnels and ditches; climbing ladders or stairs; walking/working on uneven surfaces; lifting up to 25 pounds.
About the Company
Founded in 2003 and based in Alpharetta, Georgia, iParametrics delivers focused program management and technical consulting services in support of Homeland Security and Emergency Management programs throughout the world. Please visit us at www.iparametrics.com.
iParametrics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
This role may require you to report to an office on a daily basis. You may be required to wear masks and regularly wash hands/use hand sanitizer as well as disinfectant to wipe down your workstation. Site inspections may also require the use of gloves.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- 100% (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply